As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates ten e-commerce websites, the most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), as well as BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com, Bookworm.com and Look.com. We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers.
We are seeking to hire a motivated and talented Director of Marketing for diapers.com. The Director of Marketing will report to the Site Leader and be responsible for managing all marketing and brand awareness efforts for Quidsi’s Diapers.com business using a broad range of online and offline marketing channels.
Key responsibilities include:
Drive acquisition of new buyers and retain existing buyers
Create marketing plans and a strategic roadmap to deliver growth in new buyers
• Build existing buyer channels and discover new channels to acquire qualified buyers
• Make spending decisions across a range of marketing channels, programs and customer segments through fixed and variable spend
• Understand first order dynamics to optimize acquisition offer
• Maximize partnerships to drive buyers and minimize acquisition costs; source new partnerships and negotiate contracts
• Plan and implement marketing programs with executional excellence
• Analyze business to continuously improve and make sound business decisions
Manage retention and/or loyalty programs and drive growth of our existing customer base
• Plan and manage Email Marketing calendar/campaigns, including testing and analysis
• Manage search, CSE and affiliate marketing to drive both new and repeat buyers at an efficient cost of acquisition
• Make recommendations around loyalty offerings and help analyze performance / ROI
Manage brand identity and voice
• Manage assets on and off site to ensure that we are consistently executing on our brand
• Collaborate with cross teams (creative, merchandising and copy) to ensure message is on brand
Financial planning and reporting, with significant input into the annual P&L
• Budget management and forecasting
Manage Diapers.com Registry
• Create budget and marketing plan
• Manage onsite experience
• Analyze business to optimize and improve
Manage marketing team of 4 people, including email and search associates
The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and marketing skills coupled with strong consumer focus and instincts about how to build and maintain a meaningful brand. Candidate will also have some experience in managing people. The position requires a relentless passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and an attitude that anything is possible. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks.
• Minimum of 8 years marketing or equivalent experience
• Strategic thinker with superb math and analytical acumen
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage timelines and coordinate internal and external teams to deliver results
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• MBA highly preferred
• Brand marketing experience targeting moms is a plus
• Experience with direct response media, online marketing, and/or ecommerce marketing strategies preferred
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
Quidsi Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.