Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Director, Marketing - Tickets
The Director, Marketing will lead all consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) marketing initiatives for Redbox Tickets. On the consumer side this position will direct the strategy and execution of both national and local marketing programs across all Redbox channels to generate awareness and ticket sales, and the B2B goal is to create demand within the events and ticketing ecosystem to partner with Redbox’s ticketing platform and services. This position will support B2B goals by creating demand for Redbox’ ticketing platform and services by event and ticketing partners. This person will also play a key role in developing and evolving the Redbox Tickets brand, partnering with the core Redbox brand team.
The Director, Marketing reports to the GM/VP of Redbox Tickets and is located at our Oakbrook Terrace facility.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Lead the branding and marketing strategy for Redbox Tickets, across both consumer and B2B channels
- Developing and executing consumer marketing and promotions
- Lead the prioritization of event merchandising across all Redbox channels (kiosk/retail, web, social, email, mobile) and partner with Redbox core marketing team to implement campaigns. Develop event-specific marketing campaigns for key partners.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team to create consumer and B2B communications plan for Redbox Tickets
- Partner with Sales and Field Operations to create and implement retail promotional programs.
- Develop research plans that support marketing and product needs; analyze performance metrics and key results to optimize marketing strategy and media mix, including both internal and paid media.
- Collaborate with Product Management team to influence all product development and identify consumer needs and competitive feature sets.
- Manage small team and dedicated budget.
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be able to expertly lead all facets of the marketing function by managing both dedicated and cross-functional resources.
- Functional experience with both consumer and trade marketing across Internet and traditional retail channels.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of the consumer and executes best-in-class methods to analyze consumer behavior and needs through research and analysis.
- Excellent at determining the best ROI to optimize budget and partner media.
- Independent and entrepreneurial – possesses the ability to anticipate required work and be self-directed to achieve maximum results.
- Able to think and execute strategically, tactically, creatively and analytically.
- Team player – ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with peers, partners, and senior executives alike.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage direct reports. Experienced in managing creative development with both internal and external resources, including agencies.
- Proficient at managing budgets, reporting and planning.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at managing multiple projects at once, with flexibility and ability to work under tight timelines.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus.
- 10 + years relevant consumer marketing experience with a concentration in entertainment. Event, venue and/or promoter experience a plus.
- Experience marketing, retail and Internet channels, and a mobile and/or social media background is preferred.
- Mix of both agency and client-side experience a plus.
- Experience working on small teams or projects that are part of a larger enterprise.
Redbox - 22 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...