Identifies key national and regional accounts and interacts with decision-makers to negotiate contracts, place products on formularies, build strong, long-term relationships and increase Company market share. Works with the sales team to provide training, direction and support for business growth and development per Company objectives. Candidate may reside and work in the Central to Eastern Region of the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive formal and informal leadership to promote a positive work environment and communicate overall business expectations to the plant working groups.
- Identifies and develops key regional and national accounts, focusing on critical accounts and decision-makers within each account region to maximize sales and market share, and encourage their assistance in the preferential promotion of Company products.
- Negotiates profitable contracts with select accounts to achieve formulary inclusion of Company products.
- Gathers, analyzes, and makes recommendations that are financially realistic and beneficial to customers and the Company.
- Builds trust and develops long-term strategic partnerships, externally with key regional and national accounts, and internally with all Sales Managers, Specialty Representatives and management.
- Provides necessary information to key account decision-makers (ex. Medical, Clinical and Pharmacy Directors) to ensure that Company’s products are reimbursed on managed care plans and/or receive preferential positioning.
- Facilitates field sales by ensuring unimpeded access and reimbursement for Company products.
- Develops and implements profitable pull-through programs to leverage opportunities and limit obstacles to the selling efforts of the sales force.
- Works collaboratively with Company marketing department to develop pull-through materials and programs.
- Provides support to the national and regional sales force.
- Works closely with National Sales Directors and Area Sales Managers to provide general education about the marketplace, discuss account strategies/tactics, and ensure a thorough understanding of business opportunities.
- Documents key account activities through use of customer relationship software on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, including key account activity, performance and other quantitative data, with analyses and interpretation as necessary.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Company products and competitors. Communicates appropriate and timely information to sales team and management as necessary.
- Provides the sales force with the most current information regarding the formulary and reimbursement status of Company products, and with information about competitors.
- Develops product pull-through strategies to maximize sales opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with customers to design intervention programs that satisfy the requirements of both the customer and the Company.
- Works directly with the Sales Managers to build pull-through programs and expectations (quantifiable) for the field sales force to implement these programs.
- Develops marketing materials to meet the needs of individual customers, and distribute materials to the sales force.
- Implements national programs at the local level, providing direction and communicating expectations to fellow Account Directors/Managers responsible for local initiatives outside assigned geographic areas.
- Works with Sales Managers and Specialty Representatives regarding managed care, their roles and the messages they must communicate to providers as part of their selling efforts. This includes development and presentation of formal training programs and attending meetings.
- Assists Sales Managers in targeting specific territories, doctors, and pharmacies to maximize sales within a specific account.
- Travels with members of the field sales force periodically to assess the effectiveness of training and assure accurate communications with customers.
- Works closely with the sales force to enhance programs and provide necessary information and tools to improve performance and results.
- Attends national and regional managed care meetings as required to maintain customer relations and market knowledge.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of managed care principles, account management processes, and the national/regional healthcare market.
- Other related duties as assigned to meet departmental and Company objectives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current managed care principles and the healthcare market.
- Ability to create and implement successful selling approaches for a variety of customers.
- Organizational skills; ability to effectively handle multiple tasks; provide timely reports and other information, and follow-up with customers and managers.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations and provide training and development for customers, sales team and management.
- Proficient with computer database, report-writing, word processing systems and Internet use.
Keyword: trade sales, pharmaceutical, managed care, account management
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry encompassing a thorough understanding of the trade environment.
- 5 years of experience in developing, managing, and working in the pharmaceutical industry in trade sales.
- A proven record of superior performance as an individual and as a sales manager in the pharmaceutical industry.
Ther-RX - 2 years ago