Organization: Florida Panthers / Sunrise Sports & Entertainment
Position Title: Director, New Business Development
Reports to: Vice President, Partnership Marketing
Location: Sunrise, Florida
Search Contact: Prodigy Sports
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE FLORIDA PANTHERS REGARDING THIS POSITION AS DOING SO WILL DRAMATICALLY IMPACT CONSIDERATION OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS. ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD DIRECTLY CONTACT PRODIGY SPORTS.
Sunrise Sports & Entertainment (SSE) is the premier company of its kind in South Florida, and one of the elite sports and entertainment organizations in the world. Built on a foundation of accountability, accessibility and a winning culture, SSE is led by a committed and active ownership group and maintains an aggressive, exciting, team-oriented atmosphere for professionals interested in the competitive, fast-paced sports and entertainment industry. SSE’s operating entities include the 2012 Southeast Division Champion team, the Florida Panthers NHL Hockey Club, the Saveology.com Iceplex recreational skating facility, the Florida Panthers Foundation, and the BB&T Center – one of the top 10 arena venues in North America and host to 200-plus annual concerts, shows, and events. SSE welcomes the interest of qualified candidates looking to become trendsetters and difference-makers in an energetic working environment and industry.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Partnership Marketing, the Director, New Business Development is responsible for all corporate sales and activities related to conceptualizing, implementing and directing sales and marketing strategies, and initiatives for the corporate partners, including the Panthers, the BB&T Center, Media Sales and other properties that may be pursued by Sunrise Sports & Entertainment. Primary responsibilities include developing strategic alliances for corporate partners within the Sunrise Sports & Entertainment family of brands, which are fully integrated, long-term and focused on the unique objectives and priorities of each individual partner.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for leveraging all Sunrise Sports + Entertainment controlled sponsorship and media assets in order to develop new marketing partnerships with local, regional, and national brands. Assets include, but are not limited to the following: BB&T Center assets, including unique events / series; Florida Panthers assets; Print, radio, television, digital, and out-of-home media; Saveology.com Iceplex associated assets; TBD assets to be leveraged in customized promotional programs.
• Develop annual corporate sales plans and identify corporate prospects in support of organizational strategy and objectives. Maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorships in all major categories.
• Meet individual and department sales goals with a special emphasis on net revenue/profit. Design and execution multiple channel selling strategies. Implement approved distribution strategies within pricing structures.
• Design and present accurate and timely proposal documentation. Manage implementation and execution of sales, marketing and service proposals within planned expenditure budgets.
• Manage the development and implementation of corporate sponsorship proposals and service lines.
• Coordinate with Brand Activation team members to ensure contract fulfillment and increase the likelihood of renewal. Actively support the customer service and retention processes and initiatives.
• Provide assistance when needed in the development and market research of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements with corporate partners, media partners and others.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of three (3) years of proven and successful team sponsorship sales experience, corporate sales, marketing and/or promotion in media, event or team sponsorship sales.
• Bachelor degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
• Strong prospecting skills, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
• Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace
• Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
• Exceptional listening, learning, creative and communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain long-term strategic relationship with corporate clients and co-workers.
• Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends & holidays as necessary
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and specifically PowerPoint.
To apply or respond to this opportunity, please contact:
Prodigy Sports LLC
Prodigy Sports - 10 months ago