Director, PSAT/NMSQT&READISTEP PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
The College Board, the national educational organization has an opening for a The Director is responsible for the overall management and direction of the PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep Programs. The Director has responsibility for defining the business strategy of the PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep Programs and for working with the marketing and sales channels to achieve business objectives. This includes defining annual revenue goals and creating and managing plans to achieve them, understanding the high school and middle school market needs to create a differentiated value proposition and to implement program enhancements that address market needs. The Director works closely with Region and Accounts Services (RAS), Corporate Marketing and Communications, Program Contract and Policy Management to define annual revenue goals, to create and manage plans to achieve them and to successfully deliver annual program administrations.
- Understand market trends, consumer needs, and competitive threats including: identifying business problems that require analytic support, work with the Data Science, IT and Research teams to collect market data necessary to analyze specific business problems and support data collection efforts by conducting interviews with customers and non-customers.
- Interpret market feedback to define customer problems and specify requirements for new product features and enhancements and to inform marketing and sales planning.
- Manage the day-to-day business of the programs including insuring accurate implementation of program pricing and policies, negotiating contracts and implementation plans with key stakeholders, working with contracts team to execute on district and state contracts, reporting on progress to goals, resolving critical issues, and providing appropriate escalation of program business issues.
- Work with assessment re-design team to understand and implement changes to the program required by the re-designed assessments (e.g. bridging strategy to transition ReadiStep customers to a new assessment, implementation of spring assessments, etc.)
Product Marketing Management
- Partner with Corporate Marketing and Publications teams to develop marketing strategies that support business objectives for the PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep programs.
- Develop and maintain internal/ external relationships to increase product awareness and usage.
- Work closely with Corporate Marketing to ensure PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep assessment messaging is aligned with corporate positioning, examples include College Board’s website assets, white papers, customer presentations, brochures, and guides.
- Develop and manage a schedule of all internal and external communications and work with internal marketing staff and external vendors to manage the execution of individual marketing projects.
- Work with the Associate Director, Program Publications to develop content for print materials, PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep websites, and email announcements for school systems.
- Deliver public-facing product presentations at national conferences.
- Work with the Communications Department to respond to media inquiries.
Sales Channel Management
- Manage contract pipeline for PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep programs including PSAT/NMSQT's large Early Participation Program (EPP), an initiative designed to increase access for and involvement of all students in the college-going process and coordination with the SAT School Day program to drive participation in the College Board's Pathway assessments.
- Work collaboratively with Senior SDP staff to develop and manage the annual sales plan, which includes identifying sales targets, setting sales goals and a revenue budget, managing progress towards yearly revenue goals, and implementing plans to maximize program participation in districts and states with EPP and Pathway agreements
- Define standards for program pricing, policies and procedures, develop content for contract communications, train SDP staff on policies and procedures, collaborate with SDP staff to resolve sensitive customer issues and review and approve content, pricing and budget on non-standard contracts.
- Work with Assistant Director to support customer service, data mapping, database management, enrollment verification, and invoicing.
- Serve as the primary PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep program contact for content development for RFP responses and for support of grant-funded accounts, including RTTT, Gear-Up, APIP, and NMSI.
Internal Contacts :
Work closely with State & District Partnership (SDP), Finance, Information Technology, Contract Management and Policy Implementation Team, Fulfillment, Corporate Marketing and Communications, Publications, Research & Assessment Design & Development and Legal Departments.
External Contacts :
Maintains significant and important contacts regarding PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep partnership and outreach processes with ETS, Pearson, College Board members, potential members, schools, teachers, students, parents, consultants, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of product management, operations, project management and/or progressively responsible work experience in a related capacity is required.
- Must have experience managing business processes, product development, budgets and vendors and must be able to demonstrate an ability to motivate and influence other team members and peers across multiple functional areas to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Demonstrable experience leading complex projects supported by cross functional teams across all phases of product development. Knowledge of and experience working in educational products and services industry, K-12 education or college admissions is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Comprehensive, integrated knowledge of PSAT/NMSQT and ReadiStep programs
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Understanding and appreciation of educational systems and the ability to relate to educators and other constituents at various levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to plan, structure, and complete detailed business analyses and business cases and to understand P&L management and cost analysis
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously and to manage complex projects to successful completion
- Ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable with the ability to reprioritize based on evolving business conditions, be detail oriented, focused on customer service and highly organized, have a strong work ethic, high energy level, and enthusiasm, and be a self-starter with the ability to set priorities and attain goals
- Computer literacy required including Microsoft Office applications
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply at www.collegeboard.org/careers by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter.
The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity.
Founded in 1900, the College Board was created to expand access to higher education. Today, the membership association is made up of over 6,000 of the world’s leading educational institutions and is dedicated to promoting excellence and equity in education.
Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators and schools.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...