Responsible for integration of all functions and activities related to physician services, relationship management and liaison affairs between new and existing referring physicians and physician practices. Directs and implements integrated business initiatives and innovative marketing programs designed to cultivate new referrrals and revenues. Manages physician concerns and issues, promoting the affiliate and the MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (MGUH) system services and programs. Continually monitors program effectiveness, and modifies department priorities and approaches based on changing business dynamics and organizational goals and objectives. Coordinates, integrates and manages all internal and external communications for physician relations from on-boarding forward. Manages and supports Physician Liaisons. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, healthcare management, marketing or related field.
- MBA, MHA or related advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible administrative and/or marketing or sales experience in a medical or clinical experience, preferably in a hospital, academic medical center, physician practice or medical sales setting.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and implement strategies and specific marketing activities in competitive healthcare environment that increases referrals and revenue.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and business and healthcare executives.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to think, act and make decisions independently.
- Creative thinking skills to navigate complicated situations with strong ability to problem solve.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including economic and political influences and dynamics, public relations, finance, operational and organizational skills necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and computer graphics.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Manager, Management, Executive, MGMA, Medical Group Management Association, ACHE, American College of Healthcare Executives, Administrator, AMGA, American Medical Group Association, MBA, Master's, Business Administration, MHA, Healthcare Administration, Operations
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 15 months ago
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...