Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Position Summary: This position is accountable for the strategy, pricing, purchasing and product management of YLAT’s Intermodal line of business with annual revenues of $350 Million. The position has P&L responsibility, and direct accountability for corporate pricing, purchasing and yield management functions. Provides strategic direction and support to sales and operations for execution against product line goals, has dotted-line accountability for pricing done at the branch level.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and effectively communicate overall product strategy and value proposition for the Yusen Intermodal Product.
· Develop the annual budget and monthly forecasts for the product line. Provide monthly performance recap and progress on improvement initiatives as part of the division’s monthly review cycle.
· Set overall sales targets (Volume, Revenue and Margin) by customer segment (enterprise, national and geographic) and geography (target markets/target lanes). Assist sales leadership in realistic allocation of sales targets to customer and sales-person.
· Develop and implement the purchasing/procurement and capacity strategy for the product line (dray and equipment). Establish positive and productive relationships with equipment and drayage vendors that result in cost, service and capacity advantages for YLAT.
· Direct the procurement function for the product line to deliver prompt and satisfactory offers to all requests for quotations/special pricing, to ensure all vendor costs are properly maintained at all times in the TMS system, that proper authorities and contracts are organized, filed and audit procedures exist to test compliance, and that 100% of all payables disputes are handled and resolved within 3 months of the dispute date.
· Direct the yield management function for the product line to perform analysis and implement and measure programs that drive overall margin contribution by reducing costs, raising prices, and targeting value producing network strategies.
· Design, document and implement market based, value-added pricing processes that improve Yusen’s win ratio and market share within the product line and produce an acceptable profit margin.
· Direct the corporate pricing function for the product line to deliver high quality, on-time pricing quote packages against customer requirements and that are properly protected with vendor cost commitments.
· Ensure branch pricing and yield processes are documented and installed to support the pricing and yield functions for business operated at the branch level.
· Implement department metrics and manage for continuous improvement in all areas.
Education: Undergraduate Degree is Required; MBA a plus. At least 5 years of direct experience in the domestic Intermodal industry in the areas of pricing, marketing, purchasing, operations, and/or network management, with prior experience managing P&L for the business a plus.Has held previous positions that involve negotiations and management of significant vendor contracts with dray and rail providers in the intermodal industry.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 13 months ago