Responsible for the supervision of project/program managers and program variables to ensure that all IT programs are delivered within defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements.
Promote and exemplify the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Program Setup: Ensure each program is originated with charter, scope, risks, assumptions, business requirements, organizational chart, roles and responsibilities, budget and other necessary requirements to ensure a successful implementation.
- Will follow SmartHealth evolving PMO methodology, and supplement that methodology where there are gaps.
- Project Execution: Ensure overall delivery of each project/program in accordance with the vision, strategy, guiding principles, and supporting business case.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage program operating and capital budgets; Create project resource plans; recommendations for hire, supervise and evaluate project managers and staff, and provide coaching and direction so that they successfully meet their responsibilities.
- Program Management: Responsible for managing both operations and technology side of SmartHealth programs, including day-to-day administration, with assistance from project managers and team leaders; monitor project status taking action to prevent timeline slippage.
- Quality: Review and approve all project milestone deliverables and facilitate review and approval process with executive leadership and executive sponsors.
- Resolution/Risk Mitigation: Manage issue resolution and risk mitigation processes.
- Communication: Ensure implementation of project communication plans; champion projects to others in the organization; lead communication of project status, accomplishments and issues.
- Vendor Management: Assist in managing relationships with current and future vendors/partners.
- Effectively interacts with multiple business units, i.e. Operations, Quality Assurance and Client Services in the development of specifications and the creation, testing and implementation of system products.
- Coordinate with the Application development team(s) to ensure that optimal software development methodologies are consistently applied.
- Recruits and maintains a highly qualified and motivated staff. Responsible for all staff mentoring, training and development as well as periodic and annual reviews.
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
10+ years’ experience implementing large-scale healthcare HIT software solutions in a cross-functional team environment with project team size of 10 or greater. 8 years+ PMO management experience including experience in IT systems implementation management, managing Project Managers, BAs and SAs over all program phases including planning, cost management, resource management, communications, and quality measurement.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities:
The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses high leadership skills. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Demonstrated formal project management methodology experience
- Ability to lead large multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed supervisory environment
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization and with the client base
- Ability to respond positively to change and act as a change agent
- Must be well organized, highly analytical and possess strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to enforce deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Projects a professional maturity beyond individual self and accepts constructive criticism
- Adheres to high standards of ethics and quality, is respected as a leader
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Must possess strong leadership skills in the areas of motivation, coaching, personal development and change
- Proficiency in project management planning tools
- PMP certification preferred
Ascension Health - 10 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...