Director, QA/Release, IaaS
EVault, A Seagate Company, is a fast-growing industry leader in network-based data backup and recovery solutions. We’ve been providing data protection and professional-grade storage solutions to small and mid-size businesses since 1997. Our technology platform is stable, secure, and optimized for WAN data transfer, and our recovery capabilities are ultra-reliable. We back it all with a rock-solid data center infrastructure and the industry's highest quality customer service, while encouraging innovation and creativity by providing a casual and friendly work environment.
EVault is led by a team of storage industry veterans with a compelling vision and a proven track record. We also benefit from the backing and expertise of our parent company, Seagate—the largest storage company in the world.
We are looking for technical talent to help drive our next generation data center archival cloud efforts. Our goal is to create an IaaS archival offering that sets the standard for low cost, high availability, high reliability, high performance and ease of data center integration. We have an immediate need within our IaaS team in San Francisco for a Director, QA/Release. If you’ve got a passion for open source and making infrastructure technologies perform, pushing the envelope of scalability, and a track record of doing new things, drop us a line. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We need creative, disciplined contributors driven by solving problems with thoroughness and determination: from requirements analysis, technical architecture design, along with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 5+ years in a test team leadership role of teams from 5-15 members.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of formal QA and testing methodologies and practices in a fast-paced software development company.
- Previous experience as a member of an agile software development team and be able to define testing as part of sprint planning process.
- Experience in testing Web Application, automated tests and load-stress testing in an open source environment
- Very good technical knowledge for testing on open source platforms, managing complex physical and virtual testing environments.
- Strong understanding of software metrics related to code quality, coverage and release readiness reporting.
- Direct experience leading distributed teams towards integrated product testing goals.
- Outstanding communication skills , courage and tenacity to lead and drive our quality vision and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop good working relationships and build and mentor a strong and efficient team.
- Develop and implement the system test processes, procedures and standards for new or maintenance EVault
- Manage the development of test plans based on agreed test criteria and compliance requirements.
- Manage the system/regression/performance testing and certify the quality of every production release.
- Independently examine test results to confirm that proper testing was performed and correct results were
What We Offer
- Evaluate the testing processes, resolve discrepancies and make improvements for effective testing
- Review Product requirements Documents (PRD) and Engineering Response Document (ERD) to ensure the requirements are testable.
- Participate in project sprint planning, execution, testing and releases on Scrum methodology;
- Allocate resources and manage the activities for the IaaS QA/Release/Docs group.
EVault, A Seagate Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in the industry
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- An opportunity to work on something which fundamentally changes the value proposition of archival clouds