Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining our Sales team.
This position is primarily responsible for overall relationship and retention of ICMA-RC's largest clients. Deliver's face-to-face proactive account management by serving as primary liaison between clients and ICMA-RC. Requires the ability to expand and deepen broad plan sponsor relationships (Retirement Boards. senior management, council members or comissioners, any municipal relationship in an authoritative or decision making role, consultants and other stakeholders), and maintain strong client satisfaction and referenceability.
Position requires encumbent to assist plan sponsor in managing plan risks and their fiduciary responsibilities by discovering client goals and objectives, proposing new business solutions, and implementing services and products to fulfill the client's needs and objectives.
Position requires extensive travel.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Direct the corporate service delivery for assigned cases. Work collaboratively with both the local service team and home office staff to ensure clients needs are met.
• Build and broaden client relationships across all key influences.
• Determine client goals and objectives and develop and manage a strategic business plan towards those objectives. Conduct progress updates, including but not limited to delivery of Annual Service Plan.
• Assist clients with adding products and services to fulfill their needs and meet their plan and fiduciary responsibilities.
• Regular support and implement corporate initiatives.
• Ensure long-term client satisfaction and referencibility.
• Identify new business and service/product expansion opportunities for ICMA-RC.
• Assist in other regional development opportunities as they rise.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent related experience.
• 7-10 years experience in senior-level relationship management experience in a financial services organization specializing in deferred compensation and/or defined contribution plan clients strongly preferred. Sales background is very helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships at all levels, examples include top mgmt., elected officials and union officials.
• Ability to work effectively with others involved in the client relationship toward the common goal of retention & service expansion.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills.
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to learn technical information quickly and the ability to convey that information to others clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
• The ability to motivate and influence individuals over whom there is no authority, both at the assigned clients and within ICMA-RC.
• Significant knowledge of investment products, with an emphasis on deferred compensation, and defined contribution plans.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ICMA-RC - 19 months ago