Job is located in Buffalo, NY.
Director, Research and Analytics – Planning (CH) :
Under the general supervision of the VP, Planning and Business Development, the Director, Research and Analytics will:
- Develop the necessary systems and staff necessary to maintain a research and analytics program supporting System strategic & business planning activity
- Develop and maintain communication/reporting systems that pro-actively update System leadership with environmental assessments, best practice business models and other information relevant to the strategic issues faced by providers operating under a population health model
- Organize and lead the analysis contributing to the identification of community/population health concerns and needs that will drive System health care delivery decision making
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Planning & Business Development
Sr. Planning Analyst
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Masters Degree required with preference given to health related concentrations including, but not limited to health analytics, epidemiology, or general health care administration.
- Five (5) years hospital, health system or health insurance industry (i.e. payor) planning and research experience required with a minimum of two (2) years in a management capacity
- Broad knowledge of health care delivery systems, clinical integration concepts and programs
- Advanced level experience with database and statistical tools routinely used for research and analysis.
- Experience or working knowledge of strategic planning and business planning processes.
- Experience working with data warehouse systems such as Micro Strategy preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Exceptional Microsoft Office computer skills with focus on Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Effective business writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting at all organizational levels and in large group settings.
- Experience working in large, complex organizational structures
- Understanding of confidential nature of planning activities and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, people and projects
- Ability to use self-initiative in completing required work load and work with little or no supervision
- Understanding in the basic concepts of statistics and numerical comparisons.
- Knowledge of NYS data such as MedStat, NYAHSA systems/ databases preferred
- 23 months ago - save job