Organization: Northstar Ski Resort (Vail Resorts)
Position Title: Director of Resort Marketing, Northstar
Reports to: Vice President, Resort Marketing (Corporate) / C.O.O. (Northstar)
Location: Northstar (Truckee), California
Search Contact: Prodigy Sports
From the moment you arrive at Northstar California Resort, a relaxed feeling comes over you and you know you're at home among friends. You've successfully escaped the hustle and bustle, and quickly get accustomed to the laid back, California vibe this unique resort emits. From wide-opened groomed cruisers to thigh burning steeps, world-class terrain parks and unmatched tree skiing, Northstar is blessed with a terrain for many levels and abilities. Off the slopes, Northstar California has one of the finest mountain villages in North America, the Village at Northstar. Featuring luxury condominiums, a variety of shopping options from stylish boutiques and specialty retailers to a collection of cafés and restaurants all centered on a year-round skating rink. The lodging is equally as varied ranging from family-friendly to pampered luxury. The personalized, thoughtful guest service you desire, and complimentary s'mores at the end of every day. It's all here waiting for you. When you're here, you'll find your experience to be the way it should be.
We are looking for a Director of Resort Marketing, Northstar who will lead the charge in the development and management of all marketing and sales efforts for the resort, growing skier visits and driving revenue. Partners with sales, resort counter-parts and corporate marketing to meet overall Vail Resorts Marketing and Sales goals and objectives. A successful candidate for this position is assertive, gets out-front of the competition and trends, re-thinks the status-quo, is innovative in their approach, but rigorous in their analytics. Candidates must have proven examples where they have owned an agenda with measurable success and demonstrable results. Candidates also must have strong collaborative and consensus building skills, operate with positive intent and enjoy investing time and interest into their teams’ development and success.
• Develop and manage a strategy to build the position of the resort brand in the marketplace.
• Develop and manage all aspects of the resorts marketing effort, including but not limited to: online marketing and e-commerce, advertising, direct and e-mail marketing, event marketing, collateral materials, and promotions.
• Drive revenue for all resort businesses, including lodging, conference, golf, restaurants, lift tickets and season passes, ski and snowboard school, rentals, activities and more.
• Manage communication with important community and employee constituencies relative to marketing initiatives, brand strategy/standards, etc.
• Serve as a respected community and industry leader and act as the resort representative on local boards and associations.
• Manage the event strategy for the resort.
• Work closely with the corporate pricing department to identify & maximize revenue opportunities.
• Contribute to the regional sales strategy in the Tahoe region, partnering with the director of sales.
• Manage marketing contracts and programs with creative agencies, partners, etc.
• Work within approved marketing budgets with discipline related to forecasts.
• Serve as a member of the resort Senior Leadership Team and participate fully in overall performance of the resort and development of the result culture.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior corporate budget responsibility.
• College Degree in marketing or sales or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience in marketing, preferable with experience in travel/tourism, lodging, conference, mountain resorts and/or leisure activity businesses.
• 4+ years of supervisory experience.
• MS Office.
• Intermediate or better skier or snowboarder.
• Prior ski resort marketing experience preferred.
To apply or respond to this opportunity, please visit:
www.prodigysports.net/ - or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prodigy Sports - 18 months ago