We are seeking a bright, talented, creative Director, SQL SERVER Data Warehouse with passion to join our growing team the kind of people who see opportunity in the face of challenge and who excel in a fast-paced, team-centered work environment. Since company's founding in 2001, they continue to maintain a casual, diverse, friendly and supportive work culture that genuinely appreciates good ideas, values every team member and provides opportunities for advancement.
Company has been profitable and cashflow positive for 5+yrs, industry leader in it's niche. Has not needed funding in over 5yrs and will not need to raise any more money. This position would be in the company's Glendale offices .
Company offers competitive salary packages and believes in rewarding those who go the extra mile. In addition to all the basic benefits (medical, company-matching 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and more), they offer perks way outside the norm that make up our fun and inclusive culture (paid birthday holiday, employee referral program, casual dress code, employee appreciation events, and much more).
Our company runs on technology, and as dot com innovators, we look to technology to help us advance and optimize everything we do. Because of this, we rely on a backbone of committed tech superstars who make our site and software more stellar every day.
We are seeking a seasoned Director, Data Warehouse to join our team. Must have experience in building and maintaining an enterprise data warehouse solution. The Director, Data Warehouse will lead a team responsible for the strategic decisions regarding technology, definition, and implementation of all data warehouse technology solutions. Ideal candidates will have extensive hands-on experience with multi-dimensional models and enterprise data warehouse architecture.
What youll do:
- Manage and mentor a team of BI professionals while driving the strategy behind the data warehouse.
- Establish close working relationships with IT services and business users. Provide public relations support for the Data Warehouse with various organizations in the enterprise
- Define physical architecture, server, and storage for DW
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models, including the construction of Data marts, Dimensions, and Cubes while adhering to enforced development methodologies.
- Define and direct security requirements for DW
- Design and implement the data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within the DW/BI environment
- Design of data warehouse data storage strategy/technique (ODS, DM, ROLAP, MOLAP, and etc.)
- Design and implement reporting applications including (but not limited to) BI dashboards, reporting cubes and static reports.
- Design and implement required interfaces for the data warehouse including BI tools and other applications used by the business
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports
- Strong Experience in building an enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience in overall data warehouse architecture (ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Cubes, and Reporting)
- 5+ years in Dimensional Modeling
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 including.
- 5+ years in ETL such as SSIS
- Strong Experience in Configuring and building SQL Server Analysis cubes
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 5+ years in T-SQL Programming
- Strong communication skills
- 10+ years of overall experience
- BS/MS degree in computer science
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Experience in advanced Dimensional and Fact table concepts
- Experience in building business intelligence solutions for Marketing, Website analysis, Payments, Recurring billing, Accounting, Finance, and operations
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP/MOLAP technologies and dimensional modeling, including applicability to various reporting problems
- Experience in No-SQL databases is a plus
Talent Merchants - 7 months ago