Cengage Learning is an innovative publishing company with aggressive goals to impact education by providing industry-leading digital solutions and unparalleled customer support to our customers. We are looking for high performing, digitally savvy and customer focused individuals to join our growing team.
The Director of Sales will have a major impact on sales performance by driving sales through strategic support, holding sales districts accountable for growth and goal achievement, as well as partnering with Cengage Learning Engagement Specialists and Implementation and Training Specialists to drive digital activations. They will be responsible for 5-8 District Manager direct reports. The Sales Director is responsible for the generation of over $100m in sales in their designated territory.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Provide visionary leadership to assigned personnel, translating Company and Region vision and strategy into workable, tactical implementation plans
- Work cooperatively with Director, Engagement, and other resources to develop large account strategies and assist with resource coordination to deliver sales results
- Recruit and coach new sales talent
- Cooperate with regional bookstore partners to drive sell through at each site
- Track and manage discounts and dashboard metrics.
- Drive growth and goal achievement through custom sales and digital activations .
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Sales, Marketing, or Management
- Drive to succeed
- Experience leading managers publishing or related information delivery industry
- A proven track record in sales, sales management and leadership
- Strong business acumen and excellent team-building skills needed
- Excellent leadership and people skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills and desire for continuous learning and improvement required
- Excellent PC proficiency, ability to train others in proper program utilization
- Demonstrate ability and quantify success in managing corporate initiatives
- Experience managing a sales team
- Experience in Higher Education sales
- Digital product training experience in educational settings; direct digital training experience in a higher education setting highly desired
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Must be able to work effectively in a group and reach decisions by consensus.
30% to 40% overnight travel required. Must be able to travel by both auto and air
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
PC, tablet, phone, copier, calculator.
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and...