Job Title: Director, Sales Operations
Business Title: Director, Sales Operations
Geographic Location: Maple Grove, MN
Responsible for ensuring that the department supports the selling efforts of the field sales organization through process optimization, consistent policies, reporting mechanisms and appropriate use of technology.
- Provides leadership on day to day tasks for team members.
- Sets consistent policies with respect to field sales support activities.
- Defines field sales plan allocation and maintenance processes.
- Provides direction in setting travel and expense budgets and guidelines.
- Optimizes existing processes through appropriate use of technology.
- Provides field sales management with reporting and mechanisms relative to field sales personnel performance.
- Implements new processes as they become relevant for the selling organization.
- Supports divisional aspects GPO and IDN sales negotiations through price modeling, trending and comparison.
- Assists in setting long term information technology goals for the selling organization.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Freedom to Act - Guidance Given/Assignments Received; Policy Involvement
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Determines organizational objectives, and interprets company policies. Completed work is reviewed, from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.Establishes organizational policies in a major segment of the company. Interprets, executes, and recommends site(s) function, plant, division, and / or region wide policies.Develops and articulates a strategic vision for areas of responsibility. Leads assigned departments by developing, communicating, and building consensus for goals and programs that support division, business unit and company objectives.
Generally accomplishes results through lower management levels. Determines and establishes organizational structures and supervisory relationships, subject to top management approval. Often responsible for managing a major segment of the site(s) function, plant, division, and / or region.
Operations Involvement/Direct Work Involvement
Responsible for the successful operation of activities of major significance to the organization. Rarely becomes involved in daily operational activities. Is more concerned to see that overall budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained.Monitors progress of departments or units toward divisional and company goals; monitors all costs associated with assigned organizational unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors industry trends and external environment in areas relevant to the assigned organizational unit.Develops and/or identifies new work processes that will have broad applicability throughout the company; contributes ideas for improving work processes and achieving organizational goals; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel in multiple units or departments.
Decisions would affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the company. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would result in failure to achieve major goals and objectives of the site(s) function, plant, division, and / or region.
Represents the organizational unit as the prime internal and external contact on contracts or operations. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives. Interacts with equivalent level managers concerning matters of significance to the site(s) function, plant, division, and / or region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
Boston Scientific Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...