Posting Title |
Director, Sales- Cambridge, MA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
The Sales Director is a Sales Management position who is responsible for leading a sales team of highly skilled, seasoned sales individuals consisting of both Strategic Account Managers and Enterprise Account Managers.
- Reports to a Regional Senior Sales Director and will be responsible for building and managing a 5 person sales team
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short and long term goals, objectives and quotas
- Act as the front line executive who recruits, hires, develops, and manages a tiered sales team
- Generally splits time 50 – 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with new as well as established channel partners to generate new business opportunities.
- 5+ years of high-level management experience of 7 or more direct reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Minimum of 10 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Proven track record working with OEMs such as IBM, HP, Dell, SUN, etc. to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns together
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the industry
Cambridge, MA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 17 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...