Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
Director, Software Development - Software Frameworks you’ll lead a talented team of software developers to deliver frameworks and services that will enable the next generation of applications on Amazon’s connected devices. You will work closely with the Digital Product’s leadership team to help drive product strategy, you’ll work with the technical leaders to define system architectures and technical innovations and you’ll motivate and inspire your team to deliver technology that a few years ago people only dreamed about. You will be part of a team that will deliver products that will make the front page of all major technology blogs and will amaze your friends and family.
The successful candidate will ideally have...
- Experience with graphics and UI frameworks.
- Experience with 3D graphics.
- Experience with designer/developer collaboration, asset pipelines
- Proven ability to iterate across design, product and development functions to ship successful products.
- Knowledge of SDK's for internal and external parties.
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Develop features for Amazon's digital products that take advantage of latest advances in embedded hardware technology
- Create tools and processes to help advance designer/developer collaboration in the company, and build a lasting foundation to convert design concepts to reality
- Create and sustain relationships with hardware vendors to understand current available technology in depth
- Help develop concrete requirements for future hardware products driven by user-facing features
- 10-15+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- A proven track record of delivering products to market in the consumer electronics field.
- A software development background and a passion for leading software engineering teams.
- Strong technical skills, you don’t have to code full time but you love reading code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- The ability to recruit, build, motivate and inspire a world class software development team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects.
- Experience with novel hardware and software techniques, especially those that have consumer-facing applications.
- Experience leading small and large organizations (50+ people)
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...