The Director of Vendor Management is responsible for creating a robust business process for managing the company’s vendors in accordance with contractual terms, as well as identifying and addressing changing and evolving business needs and requirements. The Director of Vendor Management is required to coordinate and collaborate with business leaders throughout the organization to manage vendor relationships and performance, i.e., negotiation of contracts; adherence to service level agreements (for vendors and company); issuance of payments; and, the overall organization of contracts. This position is responsible for defining and implementing best practices that maximize efficiencies and cost savings while building and maintaining positive, long-term, strategic vendor partnerships.
Promote and exemplify the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Develop deep understanding of multi-year business goals to aid in defining business strategies and drive complementary multi-year IT investment plans.
- Develop, implement and execute a vendor management program scalable to support vendors managed by SmartHealth leaders.
- Establish and deploy an aggressive Vendor Management Program that includes vendor metrics, KPI reporting and analysis, scorecards and formal business reviews.
- Collaborates with SmartHealth leaders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology to drive business growth and profitability.
- Works with Architecture, Application Development, and Project Management Office branches of IT to smoothly initiate funded capabilities and projects.
- Acts as business liaison to and from SmartHealth, covering vendor related escalations as necessary.
- Work with Procurement, Enterprise Information Security, Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal and Finance to address liability, financial & operational risk that tie to related issues.
- Responsible to define and deliver services and integration capabilities to support business agility proactively as well as in response to demand.
- Responsible for owning product delivery accountability within the SmartHealth organization, including sourcing partnerships and underlying technologies.
- Oversee multiple technical delivery teams for actual technology/software development and implementation, including ensuring all key measures of success (cost, time, scope, quality, risks, issues, etc.) are being continually tracked and addressed with rigor.
- All work will be performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices.
Personal Skills, Aptitudes & Qualities:
The position requires a mature individual who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and highly organized with the ability to schedule and complete a significant amount of work within time requirements; is able to work independently with minimal direction or as part of a team to accomplish his/her tasks; and possesses high leadership skills. The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to make group presentations and prepare communications materials. Expressing opinions or information in a clear, concise and friendly manner on a level understandable to the audience to which it is intended is critical. The incumbent must be willing to travel and to work long and/or irregular work hours as necessary. The SmartHealth organization is a new, independent division within Ascension Health Alliance. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone that desires to work within a fast-paced environment, can assist in multiple roles and is comfortable with some ambiguity as the organization grows and matures.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Proven expert negotiation/influencing skills with demonstrated ability to influence negotiated outcomes.
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills grounded in continuous quality improvement.
- Experience managing technology contracts; hardware, software, data & voice networks, and services preferred.
- Extensive health plan experience.
- Proven ability to review, monitor, and amend contracts and implement business processes to manage against contractual obligations.
- Must possess strong leadership skills in the areas of motivation, coaching, personal development and change.
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...