Facilities / Security;
Reporting to the Vice President, Facilities Services & Support, the Director of West Coast Operations is responsible for directing operational efforts of the West Coast Operations team and a large group of third party service providers and contractors.
Responsible for developing a comprehensive facility management strategy for the properties managed and for building and maintaining credible business relationships with company executives, partners and business unit clients.
The area of responsibilty includes over 6.2MM square footage of commercial space in over 140 facilities including office buildings, warehouses, production shops, garages, studio and sound stages, broadcast facilities, and an 856 acre ranch. Additionally, has oversight of General Transportation Services and Talent and Production Administration. This position directs the efforts of five Senior Managers and a staff of 300 plus.
oTenant / back of house services
- Reporting to the VP, Facilities Service & Support and coordinating with other members of the Senior Facilities team; plan and execute a long term strategy designed to insure the integrity of company physical assets and to meet the needs of a complex and diverse group of business units.
- Refine and adjust the Operations organization to ensure optimal delivery of four key areas of service:
oInfrastructure and building system services
oLong term planning of assets
oAssess Operations team performance on a regular basis adjust delivery approach as required
- Establish strong working relationships with Corporate and key segment business leaders (including Corporate, Studio, Media Networks, Disney Interactive, Consumer Products and Parks and Resorts), to ensure alignment with business units and objectives
oSet facility related priorities for the team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key support partners including Labor Relations, Human Resources, Legal, and Sourcing & Procurement
- Provide leadership in managing a large team and ensuring superior and responsive support to clients for all operational areas
oEnsure on-time and on-budget completion of all tasks
oDefine robust and challenging annual performance objectives
- Provide the standards and direction for the operational managers who supervise large teams, both union and non-union
oProvide regular feedback to management team on performance
oEnsure all third party services are competively bid on a regular basis
- Provide guidance, oversight, and on-going assessment of third party contracts ensuring adherence to all corporate procurement and integrity guidelines
oSeek opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiencies (cost, quality of service) by constantly exploring alternate means of delivering services
oFive year planning budgeting for West Coast portfolio
- Lead Operations' efforts in support of green and energy initiatives
- Work closely with Corporate Real Estate to review and support transactions, construction and other related activities
- Establish long term and annual operating and expenditure plans
oEnsure that all of the Operations staff fully understands and complies with company fiscal policies and procedures
- Manage detailed operating and capital budgets for West Coast properties
oDevelop controls and measurement metrics to provide rigorous financial and performance metrics related to Operations team activities
oConduct ongoing operations evaluations and trend analysis with a focus on improving operations and customer service while reducing costs
- Ensure all operations and facilities are managed in full compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Facilitate and support ongoing television and film production efforts
- 10 years of facility management experience or related
- Ability to deliver results in a diverse, quick changing environment
- Excellent leadership skills including leading teams
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and "hands on" facilities experience
- Experience with operating and capital budgets, long term planning and metrics
- Familiarity with building systems including HVAC, electrical and fire/life safety systems
- Experience in building collaborative working relationships with represented employees
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to Facilities Operations
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience with managing relationships with outsourced service providers
Job Posting Industries
- Bachelor's degree required (Preferably in Business or Engineering)
This position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 3 years ago - save job
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and...