Reporting to the VP, Performance Apparel, this newly created position of Director, e-Commerce will have overall responsibility for developing and executing Safariland’s eCommerce strategy , site concept, identifying and engaging appropriate third party developers, managing channel for the pre-launch period of the new site, and optimizing existing e-commerce assets. This position can be based in Ontario, California or Jacksonville, Florida. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Align e-Commerce strategy with The Safariland Group needs and capabilities
• Lead site concept with go-live stages and time line
• Manage third party selection, cost, quality and project timeline management
• Lead e-Marketing capability development and management
• Develop e-Commerce strategy to enable apparel launch
• Optimize existing e-Commerce assets
• Manage and maintain sites and develop online marketing strategies to drive online sales growth
• Defines and implements effective online marketing strategies, tactics, programs to drive customer acquisition, retention, customer loyalty and sales
Candidates for the role will be operationally focused, with previous experience in both hands-on programming and leadership roles. Specific qualifications for this position include:
• University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or related field (MBA preferred)
• 7+ years of related experience in web design, marketing, and e-commerce
• Excellent project management, analytical, organizational, collaboration, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate with and manager third-party vendors
• Strong working knowledge of web analytics
• Skilled communicator who influences and shapes the image of The Safariland Group
Experience working in consumer product companies is required. A track record of having worked in a business undergoing rapid growth and consequent system and process change is helpful. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a level of grit and tenacity.
Finally, the leader must understand that this is a high-energy, fast-paced, roll-up-the-sleeves type of environment: he/she should be ready to dive into details where necessary to move the business forward, but also be able to step back and take a higher level strategic view of the business and potential areas of opportunity for sustainable growth/value creation.
Safariland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Safariland - 11 months ago
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law...