Posting Title |
Director- Americas Deal Desk
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Director, Americas Deals Desk
The mission of the Director, Americas Deal Structuring & Deals Desk is…
To lead the Deals Desk and Deal Structuring practice across VMware, balancing the associated risks with the potential revenue of strategic and complex deals. To establish standard practices, tools and processes for key financial and legal requirements in creation of deals, and managing / communicating these standards to the sales force for consistent positioning and decision making of the most strategic & complex deals worldwide.
Top-level objectives and performance measures include:
-Manages cross-functionally the Global strategic, complex & non-standard deals end-to-end with Sales, Management, Finance, Legal, Product Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Services and other functions to maximize potential return, profitability, client satisfaction and adherence to policy
-Leads the cross-functional team to build standards in deal structuring practices that meet VMware’s financial and legal requirements in deal structuring, inclusive of deal structuring modeling tools
-Leads the education, communication & direct field / operational support in training VMware sales teams in best practices, including practices for maximizing impact in deals from new product/pricing launches
-Leads the deal desk practice in the Americas, ensuring consistent approach, management, administration & messaging
The Director, Americas Deals Desk is a critical role for VMware, and will report directly to the Vice President of Sales Operations.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
The model background defines an aggressive, driven executive who has held various sales and/or financial roles in reputable technology companies known for a revenue vs risk driven ecosystem. Candidates will be leaders who personally enjoy sales driven environments, and are comfortable with coordinating internal negotiations across multi-functions, managing & removing ambiguity in an open culture environment, and stepping into accelerated growth.
Essential professional and personal qualities include:
- A consistent track record as a top performer throughout his or her career; proven ability as a team leader
- Experience in high growth, post-IPO companies
- Substantial experience in Software and/or Subscription businesses
- Familiar / qualified in Financial Accounting practices, Deals Desk / Commercial Operations, client contract structuring
- Proven experience in training, educating and knowledge transfer with Enterprise level sales teams on best practices
- Experience working with Enterprise customers on deal negotiation in a solution / subscription business model
- Experience in building tools, modeling frameworks, work flow management & control capabilities to drive sales autonomy on standard deals, and controls for complex non-standard deals
- Can operate across multiple functions to ensure appropriate capabilities meet the needs of VMware, from Enablement through to Control
- Business savvy; understands and has a proven track record in building rapport across all corporate functions to lead to sound financial revenue driven decisions that are both profitable and provide minimal risk
- Technically competent. Able to learn the technical capabilities of the product, and translate that knowledge into benefits for a customer for deal positioning and objection handling.
- High impact personality; highly energetic and enthusiastic; unpretentious and non-political. Team builder that reaches out across organizations to ensure key decision makers are provided technical, legal and revenue details to enable sound deal decision making.
- Goal oriented and passionate.
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity, be flexible and adaptable, and make quick course corrections when necessary.
- Action and results oriented, demonstrating a bias to action. Always meets commitments. Pragmatic and tough minded. Able to lead others to make correct decisions. Sets appropriate expectations and holds people accountable.Executes fully on plans.
- High intellectual horsepower and curiosity. An ability to think through company-wide strategic issues, as well as sales strategy and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, a team player.
- Unquestionable integrity and willingness to have difficult discussions, looking for constructive solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Los Gatos, CA, US
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...