Director- Controllership Accounting Advisory-1213465
The Global Corporate Services (GCS) & Enterprise Growth (EG) Business Advisory Controllership group serve as the direct Controllership support for the GCS and EG business segments. GCS & EG Business Advisory Controllership, working in conjunction with key finance and business partners, provides controller oversight and accounting guidance for Online & Mobile, Fee-Based Services, Global Payment Options, Global Credit Administration, Global Corporate Payments, Global Business Travel, Global Real Estate and Workplace Enablement, Global Supply Management, Global Business Services, World Service, and American Express Technologies.
The Director-GCS & EG Accounting Advisory will report directly to the Vice President, GCS & EG Business Advisory Controller and will support the GCS & EG Business Advisory Controllership leadership team as follows:
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- Partner and collaborate with controllers, deal teams, business/finance contacts and Corporate Accounting Advisors from the Global Accounting & Policy Advisory team to understand and resolve all US GAAP technical requests and queries and provide thought leadership accordingly
- Support the VPs and staff by providing expert accounting guidance on complex accounting issues by researching accounting topics and otherwise assisting in the resolution of technical accounting issues as they arise
- Assist in tracking technical accounting issues from inception to conclusion and, when necessary, present updates and obtain input from controllership leaders and the Company’s auditors
- Review and advise on Memos for Record, as required
- Support the development and implementation of technical accounting policies, as they apply to the GCS & EG business segment
- Monitor emerging GAAP accounting issues and assist in impact assessment and implementation of newly issued Standards
- Identify and communicate any legal entity, bank holding company, financial reporting, and IFRS issues related to the accounting issues being addressed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA with a minimum of 5 years of financial accounting experience, preferably with at least two years at a “Big-4” CPA firm
- Strong technical understanding of US GAAP required
- Excellent relationship skills a must
- Must be able to influence with limited or no authority and articulate complicated accounting concepts to a variety of audiences, some with minimal accounting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely translate complex accounting jargon into plain English
- Good organization skills and a proactive working style; must have a demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and constantly changing environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a consultative environment, constantly working with various groups within AXP, as well as work independently on individual projects
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 21 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...