Director, Mobile Product Management
The Director, Mobile Product Management, will oversee a portfolio of mobile products from conception to
market delivery and ongoing evolution. This position necessitates a keen interest in digital media, and the
drive to consistently remain a thought leader. This individual should be comfortable forging new ground,
leading through influence, working collaboratively and building buy-in and support.
The ideal candidate has a background in mobile product management, experience at a consumer-facing
Internet and/or mobile company, prior team management experience, and a strong familiarity with mobile
technologies and development processes. This position also requires strong strategic and analytical prowess
and proven success building profitable mobile products.
- Establish the long-term product strategy across mobile platforms and services, including the mobile web and mobile applications.
- Outline vision and key phases of mobile product releases and deliverables on product roadmap.
- Ensure product definition and roadmap support the key business drivers (revenue, audience, cost savings, strategic value).
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing and executing against product roadmap.
- Guide, develop and motivate staff, including remote staff and vendors, working to deliver quality products in tight timelines.
- Identify, evaluate and work collaboratively with vendors/partners ensuring optimal delivery and service levels are achieved.
- Serve as a product owner and subject matter expert on mobile product development projects.
- Create concise product documents including PRD, P&L, business cases to justify (ROI) investments and provide insight into making tradeoff decisions.
- Use data to monitor product usage and customer behavior and identify actionable insights.
- Follow industry trends, emerging technologies, competitive landscapes, and product ideas / best practices to improve products.
- Foster effective teamwork by proactively sharing information and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including sales, editorial, finance.
- Work to ensure timely delivery of opportunities from idea through to revenue recognition.
- Quantify, track and regularly report on KPI metrics to goal(s)
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- 5+ years product management experience delivering mobile products and technologies
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a strong ability to defend and debate design and interaction choices
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Proven ability to think strategically about market needs, business impact, and product design.Strong understanding of the mobile industry, including mobile technologies and mobile business models.
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed organization to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Self starter with ability to work independently and take initiative
Digital First Media - 14 months ago