Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Director- Financial Reporting (SEC Accounting) in our offices located in San Antonio, TX. This position will become a member of the financial reporting group for a publically traded, international writer of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance. This team is exposed to a number of technical compilation issues and accounting transactions to produce company financial reports needing the brightest accounting prowess.
- Management of the company’s external reporting requirements on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, registration statements and prospectus filings
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of the balance sheet, statement of operations, statement of stockholders’ equity, cash flow statement and statement of other comprehensive income
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of supporting work papers for financial statement footnote disclosures and MD&A disclosures
- Responsible for the accounting of equity based compensation awards
- Coordinates with external auditors to provide audit support documentation
- Maintains control file to support all of the data and disclosures made in internal and external financial reports
- Assist in the completion of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 project
- Maintains thorough knowledge and current understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations
- Monitors the activities of the SEC, PCAOB, FASB and AICPA to determine what impacts the future decisions of those authoritative bodies may have on the company
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A successful, ambitious individual with strong experience and working knowledge of the reporting requirements for SEC registrants. Insurance industry experience is preferable.
- Must have extensive experience in the preparation of financial statements
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations
- Extensive experience in the research and resolution of accounting issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential to interact with executives and accounting management
- Must have strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and XBRL requirements desirable
- Strong computer and spreadsheet skills, Oracle experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience with a public accounting firm, or 3-5 years experience with a public accounting firm and 3-5 years experience in the reporting unit of a publicly traded company.
- An individual who has proven experience in interacting and presenting to management
- A resourceful individual who possesses the ability to overcome resistance
- Must be self-motivated and be able to think independently
- Able to manage multiple priorities along with day to day responsibilities
CPA required, Masters also preferred
Argo Group - 11 months ago
Headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, Argo Group International Holdings Ltd is a leading global underwriter of speciality insurance and...