This professional management position will plan, organize, implement, actuate and control all functions of the department as well as be the resource and support person for the hospital and medical staff in regard to health information. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with TJC and State Health Department standards and regulations, and confidentiality of patient information.
- Serves as a resource and support person for the medical staff and hospital in the area of health information management.
- Integrates the department and the services it provides into the primary function of the hospital.
- Coordinates and maintains the departmental quality improvement program.
- Provides orientation and continuing education to departmental personnel.
- Ensures compliance with TJC, State Health Department and the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Stays abreast of State and Federal regulations and laws.
- Ensures the prompt and accurate coding for all billed accounts.
- Maintains staffing and operational expenses at a minimum.
- Supervises and schedules staff to ensure adequate coverage for departmental operation.
- Performs annual performance evaluations of subordinates timely.
- Always observes confidentiality of all information at all time.
- Supervises, directs and plans the operation of the HIM Department.
- Operates the HIM Department within budget.
- Responds to issues of harassment and discrimination per company policy.
- Completes employee evaluation(s) in a timely manner per company policy.
- Education: Bachelor degree In Health Information Management, RRA, RHIA or Associates Degree in HIM required. .
- Licensure/Certification: None required. Registered Records Administrators (RRA), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Accredited Records Technician (ART) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years hospital health information experience and two years of supervisory experience required. Must have been involved in a TJC and State Department of Health licensure survey.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 18 months ago