The part-time Dishwasher works as a part of the KIPP Austin Public Schools Kitchen Team to maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, plates, trays, and utensils in a clean sanitary and orderly condition. The dishwasher may sometimes assist in food preparation or service as necessary. This position will abide by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
Reports to: Kitchen Supervisor/Executive Chef
• Keep utensils and wares clean, sanitized and properly stored.
• Scrape and pre-rinse dirty dishes and places them in dish washing machine and/or clean by hand.
• Keep department cleaning supplies filled and maintained.
• Can operate dish machine to company and manufacturer specifications.
• Use proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in dish machine.
• Maintain assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
• Maintain dry storage, back-stock areas, coolers and freezers.
• Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
• Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
• Follow safety regulations; report injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to supervisor.
• Maintain cleanliness of floors, mats, drains, walls and shelves of kitchen area.
• Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
• Support all efforts to recycle and compost.
• Assist in any area of production or service as needed.
• Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness
• Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with brigade.
• Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve effectively.
• Food Handler’s card required.
• Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to feed healthy food to our students.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, is proactive and flexible, and is willing and able to play different roles in the kitchen in order to meet the varied and constant needs of the students at KIPP Austin.
• Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding.
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community.
• Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
• May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces.
• Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
• Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III
• May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
• Occasional repetitive hand motion.