Marketing / Promotions;
Disney Destinations Social Media Internship
Since its opening in 1955, the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California has welcomed Guests of all ages from around the globe. Walt Disney's original theme park celebrates the worlds of yesterday, fantasy, and tomorrow. In addition to the legendary Parks, Disneyland Resort is home to luxurious hotels and world-class dining and entertainment experiences
The Digital Marketing team plays a critical role in growing Disney Parks & Resort's presence in the digital and social media space. The team leads the development of digital and social marketing programs for multiple lines of business. In addition, Digital Marketing develops strategies and executes innovative new marketing programs with emerging technologies and platforms including social, mobile, connected TV and gaming consoles.
The intern will be a part of a dynamic and cutting edge team where they will assist with a wide variety of Digital Marketing tactics and initiatives, with a special emphasis on Social Media platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and help develop content and applications for Disney Destinations Facebook pages, which collectively reach 30M+ fans.
- Monitor emerging social media tools, trends and applications, while collaborating with a diverse group of internal partners including the Digital Marketing, Strategy/Brand and PR teams.
- Project Coordination and assisting with special projects as needed
- Assisting with budget tracking documentation per project as needed
- Assisting with pre and post campaign analytics and metrics
- Assisting with obtaining and creating images for posting on social media platforms
- Assisting in writing copy/proofing posts for social media platforms
- Attending internal/external client meetings
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a College/University as a Junior or Senior, earning a degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong partnering and relationship skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong interest in and passion for Digital Marketing, new technologies, and Social Media
- Familiarity and understanding of the internet, search techniques, social media platforms, and on-line applications
Job Posting Industries
- Previous Digital Marketing internship experience; or equivalent coursework
- Computer proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Apple Keynote
- Graphic design skills and video editing
Leisure and Travel
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2013 through January 2014. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship. This will include working an average of 30-40 hours a week.
No Housing Available:
This internship is located in Glendale, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
The deadline to apply for this internship is March 8, 2013.
Attention International Students:
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 Visa and do not have a Social Security number, please contact our office at 407-828-1736 PRIOR to applying.
Recommendation - Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed on March 8, 2013.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 23 months ago
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme parks and...