Compass Airlines is seeking a Dispatcher for our Minneapolis, MN - Headquarters location. The ideal candidate will have exceptional business judgment and discretion, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Dispatcher’s paramount responsibility is to ensure that all flights are conducted safely and efficiently and in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs). The Dispatcher, along with the Pilot in Command, is responsible for Operational Control of each of their flights. They must ensure that the preflight planning, delay, dispatch release, flight following and diversions of Compass Airlines’ flights are in compliance with Part 121 CFRs, Compass Airlines’ policies and procedures, and Operations Specifications. They will ensure the equipment assigned for each flight meets airworthiness standards and verify that no restrictions will jeopardize safe and efficient completion of the flight.
• US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Valid FAA Dispatch Certificate
• Have good communication skills and be able to read, write and speak fluently in English
• 1 to 3 years of airline operations experience in Dispatch, Flight Operations or Air Traffic Control
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be able to multi-task
• Be able to communicate clearly and concisely
• Be able to read and understand aviation text weather, maps and weather graphics
• Be able to analyze route structure, weather conditions, aircraft capabilities and emergency situations to select the best course of action
• Be able to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
• Have PC skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for the preflight planning, delay, dispatch release, flight following and diversions of Compass Airlines’ flights
• Coordinate with Maintenance Control
• Coordinate with Crew Scheduling
• Communicate with station personnel
How to Apply:
If interested, please select the “Apply for this position” button below. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Trans States Holdings, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.