Postal/Zip Code: 78745
Custom-Crete is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 2 Canadian provinces.
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with sales department, shipping, receiving, customer, delivery truck services and the logistics operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare invoices, delivery tickets and related shipping documents
- Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Work closely with customer service to understand the product availability and logistic issues of specific projects
- Take orders from customers and get their order out on time
- Inspect all shipping department equipment to insure that they are in working order
- Check and review all orders assigned before they are shipped against delivery tickets
- Coordinate deliveries with company truck drivers and external trucking companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to customers
- Work closely with independent truck drivers to ensure pick-up and delivery times, load weight compliance and secure loads
- Prepare and review loading/unloading, daily shipping reports and delivery logs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Submit daily invoicing to A/P once deliveries are dispatched
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience in related function
- One to three years of related experience
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent Mathematical and communication skills
- Knowledge of CRT equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. from ground level
- Ability to mount and dismount the forklift frequently during the course of the day
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Custom-Crete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Custom-Crete is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...