A dispatcher assures passenger luggage is delivered by coordinating the pick-up and delivery of the luggage between the airline and the guest. The dispatcher will pick up luggage daily from the airport, coordinate a delivery schedule, assign bags to drivers and assure the delivery schedule is met. This position will perform associated administrative duties including customer service and customer billing.
· Coordinates availability of drivers with the delivery schedule
· Dispatch baggage delivery routes efficiently and with a focus on meeting service levels
· Provides safety guidelines when issuing operating instructions
· Perform airport baggage sweeps
· Billing and customer service
· Regular communication with airline staff and independent contractors
· Dispatch experience preferred
· Experience in route planning preferred
· Ability to work in a high pressured environment
· Ability to multi-task and resolve operational situations
· Knowledge of the metropolitan area
· Ability to lift 70 lbs.
· Strong computer and organization skills
· Good Driving Record
· Excellent communication skills
· Available to work various shifts
Candidates will be required to obtain an Airport Badge for consideration and must be able to pay for the badge application.
Plus Services - 21 months ago