Seabulk Towing is one of the leading tugboat operators in the United States. Seabulk Towing operates along the Gulf Coast and Southeastern Seaboard. We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to join our Mobile, AL team.
The Dispatcher position performs a variety of clerical and administrative functions to support the Harbor Operations of Seabulk Towing, Inc. operating in Mobile, AL. This position offers on the job training with a work schedule of day, night and weekend (rotating shift) work; this requires the candidate to be capable of working the schedule as dictated by the job. The schedule will require overtime and holiday work as needed. Ideal candidates should have knowledge of the harbor and local geographic area.
Duties of the job are (but not limited to):
For more information about Seabulk Towing, visit www.seabulktowing.com
- Answer office telephone and distribute information as needed.
- Prepare daily work sheet for scheduled vessel movements.
- Phone agents to check on traffic daily.
- Phone pilot office to check VTS board daily.
- Dispatch jobs according to VTS (Vessel Traffic System).
- Document jobs in posting book
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Operations Coordinator to effect timely/most advantageous use of company equipment/crews.
- Call Operations Manager or Coordinator after hours when important decision has to be made on company's behalf that is beyond scope standard responsibilities.
- Report any and all accidents/emergencies to relevant management
- Assist with other office duties as needed
SEACOR Holdings Inc - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard