POSITION: Night and Weekend Dispatcher
DIVISION: JBS Carriers
SALARY CLASS : Salaried
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of computers.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Needs to be creative and willing to change as circumstances dictate.
- Must have the ability to modify/change systems to continually improve the overall operations.
- Must have good working relationship with drivers, be a team player, dependable, reliable.
- Must have experience in the transportation industry.
- TMW knowledge is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Qualcomm is also beneficial.
- Responsible for outbound and inbound long haul loads.
- Manage loads to ensure equipment and drivers are fully utilized.
- Coordinate all load information and transfer to load.
- Monitor hours, schedule time off and vacation.
- Keep records of call-ins and delivery appointments.
- Enter information into computer and verify accuracy.
- Coordinate with shop in regards to available equipment.
- Check destinations, load capabilities, arrival times, driver capabilities and potential. Scale weight and driver’s back haul.
- Coordinate efforts of dispatch, sales, box cooler, shop, office billing, etc to ensure business runs smoothly.
- Attend regular scheduled dispatch meetings, cover for other dispatchers when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
JBS Carriers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JBS - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard