The Distal Extremities Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Distal Extremities/ Trauma product sales performance, training, and other activities with the sales force, surgeons, and accounts within his/her respective region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key Account Development (Hospital/Surgeon). Work closely with agency/sales representative and sales management to uncover and close opportunities critical to the success of the Distal Extremities
• Support Product Development team by working closely in surgery with existing customers and identifying new surgeon consultants
• Build relationships with major Ortho and Podiatric centers regionally
• Provide educational/sales support at national/regional VIP labs, Arthrex labs, training centers and major tradeshows and regional Road Shows
• Liaison between product development and sales team in developing new DX products
• Communicate procedural expertise and competitive market knowledge to sales and DX Product Team
• Educate and train sales representatives and managers on new and existing products, surgical techniques, and sales tactics
• Coordinate product training at all levels (from residency and fellowships to attending surgeon level)
• Provide assistance with product and prototype testing
• Provide updates on competitive DX products and procedures and input on strategies to combat competition
• Recommend ideas and promotions for increasing sales of new and existing DX products
• Work with Senior Regional Sales Manager in formulating and distributing annual DX quotas
• Travel up to 75% annually out of local area
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years sales experience with medical device company required; foot/ankle/hand wrist product experience a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Willing to work with cadaver specimens
• Knowledge of surgical orthopedics and/or arthroscopy.
• Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
• Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong relationship building skills desired.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Microsoft Office, PC and various and specialized software. Cognos experience a plus.
This territory covers the following states: ME, MA, RI, CT, Eastern PA, NH, VT, NY, NJ, DE and Eastern Canada. Candidate must live near a major airport in one of the states in this territory.
Arthrex's first project involves funding the building of wells in Guinea. The project has been underway for three years now and has been...