Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Personal Trait Profile:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in a related field, and extensive, proven experience/knowledge of related business. Masters Degree in Business/Logistics preferred.
- Minimum five years leadership experience in Logistics field.
- APICS certifications in CPIM or related certifications strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, able to analyze, define and present the business situation utilizing MS Excel, PP, and other communications platforms to drive the business results.
- Practical knowledge of lean/six sigma strategies
- Proven track record of driving results and continuous improvement in an organization.
- Ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Ability to practice at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to influence, lead employees, and translate the vision of the company and its business strategy.
- Goal/results oriented - ability to set high goals and achieve results.
- Self starter - minimal supervision required.
- Leadership/team player - ability to work across the organization. Solid leadership, development and facilitation skills. Ability to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Purpose Statement:
The Distribution Manager will focus on leading all activities related to the distribution center. The Distribution Manager will work with the Director of Customer Service as well as the Customer Service and Distribution team and is responsible for execution of strategies that positions Carlisle as the leader in customer service/delivery. This position is responsible for the execution of operational plans and strategies specific to that DC. The position reports to the Director of Operations.
The position requires excellent customer focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations.
The Distribution Manager must demonstrate and remain current on industry knowledge and expertise in a variety of distribution concepts, practices and procedures. The manager must also ensure that the DC is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws or regulations.
Summary of Responsibility:
- Manage employee relations to include hiring, termination processes, employee development and succession planning. Attract, develop and retain employees capable of sustaining our position as the leader in customer service and delivery.
- Ensure the department is aligned and supporting company's business strategy.
- Prepare and manage to meet annual DC objectives and budgets.
- Manage inventory levels to meet turns objectives and delivery requirements.
- Manage SMOG (slow moving obsolete goods) to target levels.
- Effectively lead and manage activities, processes and strategic plans of the corporation that support the company's strategic vision, marketing strategies and financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to produce maximum service, minimal downtime and maximum efficiency levels.
- Manage the employee talent management program.
- Utilization of computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including data entry, database management, and proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Develop and nurture an environment of continuous improvement (COS).
- Provide leadership necessary to drive results and continuous improvement in the organization.
- Provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Manage assets of the company to their full potential.
- Work at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Set and achieve goals and objectives of their operation/process.
- Utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and other software applications including data entry and database management, JDE, Corvu, and Demand Solutions software.
M-F and peak times as needed