To reach excellence in daily running of different parts of DC Operations. Lead, coach, and develop a team which delivers goods within the agreed time and in the agreed quality to the lowest possible DC operation cost.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Leading and developing co-workers within the area of responsibility and in accordance with IKEA co-worker idea.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals determined by the Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for increasing efficiency of DC operations (reduce cost, improve productivity).
- Plan work - Allocate the coworkers for the optimal productivity of the workload.
- Followup to insure SOP's are followed and goals met
- Assure adherence to IKEA policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers in the organization.
- Assign work for warehouse coworkers, including approving time off
- Directly manage coworker performance
- Evaluate training needs, coach and develop coworkers, when necessary
- Monitor progress of work and adjust plan accordingly
- Recruit and hire new co-workers
- Post accident investigations and follow up
- Issue corrective action as needed
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
- 1-3 years or related supervisory experience
- Computer literate - high degree of computer use
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Ability to communicate by email, in person etc.
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to complete assignments on time and to standard
- A general interest in people to motivate, coach, and develop co-workers
- Proven analytical, organizational, strategic, tactical and time management skills
- Be a strong team leader and team player
- Be a dynamic, action oriented leader and team member that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions.
- Ability to frequently move or handle merchandise between 25 and 75 pounds including bending, stretching, reaching and lifting on a regular basis
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities under stress of deadlines.
- Use creative problem solving skills in conjunction with IKEA's core values
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles.