TECO Peoples Gas is the largest natural gas utility in Florida with a diversified workforce. Our goal is to recruit and retain the best talent possible. Our Company is interested in building careers and not filling positions. Our company is committed to inspiring trust, achieving excellence, providing environmental leadership and rising to any challenge we face, which will benefit our customers, team members, shareholders and the communities we serve.
Our vision is to be a Company where people want to work, an organization that is an asset to the community and a business in which investors want to invest. Our Company values are: Safety, Integrity, Respect and Concern for Others, Achievement with a Sense of Urgency and Customer Service.
The salary range on this position typically ranges from $62,166.00 to $82,888.00 and is commensurate with skills, experience, and education
The successful applicant must successfully complete a Baseline Medical Examination
Must have a valid drivers license and a good driving record.
In-state and out-of-state travel will be required. Out-of-state travel could consist of 3-5 consecutive days or more. (85% office, 15% travel).
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to walk and stand for periods of time.
POSITION CONCEPT :
Responsible for compliance with the Company's Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP) along with mitigating and reducing the associated risk to the gas distribution facilities. This position will maintain functional, technical, and business knowledge of the related applications and processes and provide input to application development. This role is responsible for data, operational system analysis, and developing recommendations based upon regulatory requirements and program results.
Performs the following duties & responsibilities:
1. Assists Director with developing, maintaining, and refining a probabilistic risk program. Delivers analytic services in support of the refinement of the Distribution Integrity Management Program and provides operational focused recommendations based on data trend analysis.
2. Develops a validation process that involves record research, field visits, and data gathering and is used in the development of mitigation plans to aid in identifying and reducing the highest risk pipelines.
3. Communicates effectively with engineering, operations, and compliance in order to identify, document, and understand system requirements. Designs, implements, and documents quality control measures for field data collection.
4. Interviews local team members and subject matter experts on potential issues in the local distribution system.
5. Responsible for compiling data from local team members, inputting, and ensuring the integrity of data and analysis. Assists in definition and procurement of new data.
6. Maintains Divisional GIS databases to show progress and remedial action taken.
7. Participates in state commission audits.
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS :
Required: Bachelor's degree in Technical, Engineering or Business related field (accredited in accordance to TECO Energy Education policy)
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Master's degree (accredited in accordance to TECO Energy Education policy)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
A minimum of six years of business operations analysis experience, with a minimum of two years of experience in using, analyzing, and assessing natural gas operating system performance and asset related data, using GIS or related business systems/database tools within a gas utility, pipeline transmission, or other energy related field. Must be able to identify and reduce risks and assure compliance. Specific operations knowledge of Corrosion, Damage Prevention, or Leak Survey.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Must have knowledge of industry and regulatory policy.
- Must have strong analytical skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Must be able to analyze business reporting information and recommend improvements. Must be able to understand industry distribution operating practices.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Access.
- Must be able to work within a team, to take general directions from several sources; and focus attention on details and completing projects.
- Must be able to organize, schedule, and prioritize departmental and individual work tasks to meet various schedules and objectives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision.
Experience with distribution integrity management programs and natural gas transmission integrity management programs highly desirable.
Business & Job Knowledge
Ownership & Excellence
Planning & Organization
TECO Peoples Gas offers a competitive Benefits package
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid vacation time * Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
TECO Peoples Gas serves a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our TECO Energy customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's rules and procedures.
TECO Peoples Gas is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer
TECO Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.
Job.com - 2 years ago