Herbert Service Center - Duluth, MN
Close Date: February 19, 2013
- May perform customer service, distribution line design and/or various customer operations as primary role.
- Plans and reports on activities such as providing new services, information about products and services, energy conservation, and complaint resolution.
- Conducts activities directed toward the efficient utilization of electric/gas/water products and services being fully aware of company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals.
- Employs a significant level of interpersonal and communication skills to successfully complete job objectives.
- This position requires a two year technical degree or higher with an emphasis in electricity.
- Four years of directly related experience that qualifies an applicant to perform a significant portion (40% or more) of the job duties. Examples of experience that would meet this requirement are electrical wiring, line design and staking, and proficiency in multiple applicable computer programs such as Maximo, CIS, and MP’s GIS tools.
- Over two year’s job related experience is required for this position.
This position has been posted both internally and externally. To apply, external candidates must visit www.allete.com/careers . Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and must notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
- The ideal candidate will possess: strong customer service skills, detail-orientation, and the ability to multi-task, self-motivate and learn new computer programs at a rapid pace.
- The selected candidate will spend 50% of time in the office and 50% of time in the field.
- May be exposed to hazardous or dirty environments at customer sites.
- Qualified applicants may be subject to the assessment of skills, job match and / or aptitude.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Minnesota Power/ALLETE - 13 months ago
ALLETE provides light to the northern climes. Most of its business is classified within its regulated operations, which include electric,...