The Distribution Specialist, Med/Surg is responsible for coordinating with distributors, designing distribution processes, and driving continuous process improvements in Med/Surg distribution. This position assists in standardizing the design of multifaceted med/surg supply chains based on an understanding of distribution network strategy, transportation strategy, manufacturing strategy, and inventory deployment strategy. Maintain financial and engineering metrics that meet or exceed performance goals. The Med/Surge Distribution Specialist is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives through the development of relationships with senior leadership teams, local supply chain teams, local OR directors and external resources focused on the national standardization of med/surg processes, improved distribution efficiencies, and deployment of improved med/surg supply chain solutions.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Analyze contractual commitments, Health Ministry specifications, design changes and other data to optimize design solutions
- Manage med/surg distributor relationship
- Perform special research and technical studies critical to logistics support functions.
- Perform cost / benefit analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving processes, systems, or technology changes
- Document and communicate common processes for med/surg distribution functions across Ascension Health and GPO Participants
- Communicate and implement opportunities for improvement in the distribution network
- Determine key med/surg distribution metrics and provide recommendations to guide management
- Assist in the development and alignment of operational policies, procedures and ongoing improvement projects
- Determine feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, company goals, technical requirements and economic factors
- Provides innovative direction and execution of rapid implementation and deployment strategies: serves as the focal point for the compilation and application of national best practices across Ascension health and GPO Participants
- Facilitate lot tracking and sequestering during product recalls
- Develop usage recommendations and metrics for private label product usage
- Direct Symphony activities and interface with distribution representative at the Ministry Service Center
- Support Participant integration efforts
- Complete all other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred with an emphasis in logistics and/or supply chain preferred
- Four to six years of progressive logistics experience in healthcare supply chain preferred
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills
- Experience documenting design methodologies to create logistics solutions and responses to RFPs
- Proficient in project management methodologies, tools, and project development lifecycles
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and competing tasks
- Able to communicate professionally, effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing
- Able to prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Demonstrates strong commitment to teamwork and confidentiality
- Able to multi-task, prioritizes workload, pro-active and works effectively with minimal supervision
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...