Supervises and coordinates the activities of the distribution employees on a shift or for a facility engaged in all facets of the distribution function – storage, handling, and processing of inventory, and shipment to customers both internal and external; leads, mentors, coaches and trains subordinates; maintains a safe, healthy, and participative environment to achieve departmental objectives.
- Schedules and assigns manpower and prioritizes workload to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Performs physical audits of work being performed and monitors against productivity and quality standards.
- Manages inventory control, receiving, picking, packing, shipping and storage activities.
- Communicates orally and in writing to provide feedback regarding daily operations.
- Leads teams of people to achieve objectives with the maximum productivity and quality.
- Sets and enforces standards of performance for subordinates.
- Develops and implements the safety and environmental compliance program for their shift or facility.
- Trains and develops subordinates in all aspects of the operation to ensure a broad base of skills.
- Updates procedures to standardize and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Improves the layout and use of materials and equipment considering turnover, size, weight and related factors.
- Maintains communication channels with carriers to ensure efficient and timely delivery of outbound shipments.
- Ensures packaging and outbound documentation conform to carrier, local, state and federal guidelines.
- Integrates continuous improvement into the overall operation to improve performance and save resources.
- Supervises the maintenance needs of the equipment and the facility.
- Communicates activities with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Purchases expense items to support the operations of the distribution center.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent and three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year supervisory and/or management experience.
- Knowledge of fundamental warehousing concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge of fundamental concepts to solve moderately difficult problems in inventory control, warehousing, and distribution with a variety of variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Formal training or certification in inventory management desirable.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate small teams to achieve objectives.
- Proven ability to train subordinates in applying standardized procedures.
- Proven ability to improve processes and quality levels.
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources to achieve objectives.
- Ability to interpret and produce a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Moderately advanced skills in the operation of a computer, computer printer, and standard Windows-based office software.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to solve problems.
CCS Medical - 10 months ago
CCS Medical Holdings knows that doorstep delivery is just a convenience for many, but it's critical for patients with chronic...