As a Distribution Supervisor at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to supervise storeroom personnel engaged in assuring parts are received, processed, stored, order filled, packed and shipped in an efficient, safe and timely manner consistently exceeding customer expectations and within conformance to company standards.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
accordance with established processes.
- Supervising/leading a small work group (15-20 people) to ensure completion of assigned tasks in
and resolves grief associated with orders.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Ensuring parts inventory is received, processed and stored in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Assisting office personnel to complete order processing by providing data on orders in process
- Responding to dealer calls and providing necessary information and assistance to complete
employees to conform to defined and documented processes.
- Contributing to the development of an effective work force by assigning, directing and motivating
- Providing necessary on the job training.
- Contributing to improving productivity and quality by taking ownership of the process.
- Embracing continuous improvement and the development of teams as a preferred operating
subordinates, such as filling orders, packing orders or storing receipts.
- Maintaining high employee morale by ensuring basic elements of work discipline are delivered.
- Contributing to the overall team productivity by performing assigned tasks, normally performed by
Completion or current in pursuit of Bachelors degree, or 3 to 5 years equivalent work experience.
operations as it applies to process flow.
- Must possess ability to coordinate priorities, work under deadlines and motivate teams.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point applications.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of warehousing operations or manufacturing
- Candidate must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and a solid customer service focus.
- Willingness to work all three shifts after 1 year
- Knowledge in Caterpillar's products, policies, and procedures
Relocation assistance is available for this position
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Feb 8, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Texas-Waco-WACO05-Waco Distribution Center
Caterpillar - 13 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...