This Vacancy is open until filled. Full-Time Distribution Technician I - Warehouse
PURPOSE: Responsible for the delivery of supplies and equipment to schools/activities, for picking up materials from vendor locations, and for processing paperwork associated with pickups and deliveries.
- Drives a motor truck or van to deliver items (stocked supplies, furniture, computers, etc.) and pick up materials from vendors
- Operates a variety of gas powered, electrical, or pneumatic MHE
- Services, makes minor repairs and cleans assigned vehicles
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled work, as assigned, when not engaged as a driver (e.g. assisting with the annual Central Warehouse inventory, issuing supplies, etc.)
- Attends work daily and is engaged and on task
- Selects most appropriate vehicles and routes
- Performs pre-trip check/maintenance/service on assigned vehicle; cleans interior daily; exterior every 2 weeks, weather permitting
- Loads truck/van for deliveries based on daily schedule
- Sorts issue tickets by school/activity and order of delivery
- Delivers items to applicable schools/activities; obtains signatures for supplies on issue tickets; picks up authorized returns
- Makes stops at vendor locations, as required; inventories and signs for items as indicated on associated paperwork
- Returns to Central Warehouse; unloads truck/van; distributes paperwork and items
- Reports problems to supervisor
Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and one year of related equipment operation experience. Possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (Class B) issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia is required. Should have skill in the operation and preventative maintenance of trucks, vans and other automotive equipment or any equivalent combination of experience and training which would provide the required knowledge and proficiency. Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions is a prerequisite. Must also be in good physical condition and have the ability to lift 100 pounds.
Additional Information: Minimum $11.78 per hour
This Vacancy is open until filled.
Henrico County, Virginia - 10 months ago