District Loss Prevention Manager: Full-Time, Year-Round. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV). Summit or Eagle County, CO.
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denvear’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Position Summary: Support the Retail, Rental and Supply Chain Management Team by functioning as the primary resource and point person for all safety, risk and loss prevention issues, within a designated district. (Colorado, California, Nevada, Utah, other)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model by maintaining a professional image, at all times, and adhering to all company policies and guidelines.
- Assist the various field management teams in communicating the company’s values, policies, and goals to employees.
- Assist the field management teams in efforts to ensure adequate training, understanding and adherence to all company policies and procedures and federal / state laws to include awareness communications, conference calls and on-site presentations.
- Assist the Retail and Rental Management team in providing a safe working environment for all employees and a safe shopping environment for all customers and guests.
- Protect company assets through the use of established Loss Prevention techniques, investigations and enforcement of established Risk, Safety and Loss Prevention policies.
- Assume a leading role in efforts to reduce and manage guest liability, workplace injuries, inventory shrinkage and cash controls; working proactively versus reactively.
- Assist corporate and field partners with employee disciplinary actions as required.
- Understand and manage POS Exception Based Reporting continuously to deter and detect exceptions to policies and suspected POS fraud and theft.
- Run and review RPOS Ski Rental Reports to ensure compliance to established rental procedures, maintain equipment inventory and to deter and discover theft of rental equipment.
- Review Low Margin Reports, Cognos Reports and Cash / Deposit Reports and perform research of transactions to assist field management teams in achieving margin, shrink and cash variance goals.
- Create credibility and build rapport with all field partners to be recognized as the subject matter expert in EHS, OSHA, Risk Management and Loss Prevention.
- Investigate indications of policy violations, illicit drug use, theft or fraud and assist the company in efforts to present evidence and professional case preparation for prosecution when necessary.
- Conduct various operational audits and manage High Shrink programs in assigned areas.
- Maintain a high degree of EHS, Risk Management and Loss Prevention presence in the stores and assist the field management team with support for store operations and special events as required.
- Coordinate security requirements for alarms, security cameras, locksmiths and contract or designated security personnel for new store openings, repairs and/or special events.
- Be available 24/7 for after hours emergencies and crisis management to support company emergencies.
- Maintain on-going self-development in areas pertinent to the position and stay current on industry trends and laws in respective states or municipalities.
- Act as liaison with respective law enforcement agencies in all criminal investigations in assigned store groups.
- Maintain confidentiality of all internal and sensitive issues.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as requested.
- 5 years experience in retail Loss Prevention and risk management
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Wicklander- Zulawski or Reid Interviewing Training, preferred
- 50% overnight travel in Vail owned and operated retail and rental locations throughout Colorado
- Ski industry experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree, highly preferred
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 2 years ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...