District Managers will manage the personnel in charge of compressor sets, maintenance, repair and operation of compression in their respective district for MidCon. They may be responsible for the sizing of compression requirements and issue reports as needed. District Managers will be responsible for the hiring and termination of employees in their district as needed. They will oversee all managerial positions within their district. They will be responsible for proper coding and approving of invoices. District Managers will also be responsible for forecasting equipment needs within their districts, coordinate efforts and maintain effective business relations with customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Evaluate necessary repairs per unit and determine whether necessary repairs should be done in the field or the shop.
- Ensure equipment is operational and complete prior to setting.
- Ensure recall notifications are distributed properly.
- Scheduling of employees to cover workload.
- Prioritizing units for repair and shipment and coordinate the logistics for their completion.
- Responsible for compiling inventory and other necessary reports as needed.
- Responsible for the completion of unbiased employee evaluations.
- Provide necessary feed back to employees based on their job performance and provide training, support, etc as needed. Commending and providing constructive criticism and coaching when appropriate.
- Employee may be responsible for obtaining/providing field and shop estimates and quotes.
- Employee is accountable for implementation and execution of annual budget and operational standards and processes.
- Implements, manages and communicates performance measures for area of responsibility.
- Communicate information and work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients and other external contacts by telephone, written form, e-mail or in person.
- Provide required engine information to customer as needed for air permitting such as, but not limited to, driver specifications, emissions rates, engine date of manufacture, serial number.
- Ensure current fleet’s optimization.
- Respond to problems and correctly determine the most cost-effective/timely/efficient method for repairs.
- Employee will ensure proper facility maintenance and improvements are completed as needed.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer knowledge through effective use of a company computer (when applicable) including Microsoft Office applications. Must be able to execute compressor sizing.
- Properly enforce MidCon’s waste management plan.
- Ensure proper training is available for employees.
- Ensure proper coding, research, purchase orders and approval is in place for invoices. Responsible for ensuring unnecessary purchases are not made and monitor said invoices for correct pricing, reporting discrepancies when necessary.
- Ensure proper tracking and scheduling of preventative maintenance utilizing company standards per horsepower and/or hours are followed.
- Ensure field and shop employees maintain replacement/repair parts for the units in their assigned area and assisting with required tracking of said parts as needed.
- Review employee assignment of units, quantity and/or horsepower, to ensure demographic is covered. Also must ensure that the assignment matches the employee’s abilities and working area.
- Coordinates deployment of equipment, materials and personnel to job sites at optimum utilization and minimum cost across one or more service delivery processes within assigned geographical area as well as coordinates with other areas for unit movement between districts.
- Responsible for ensuring the necessary set/release information is compiled accurately and forward as needed for billing in a timely manner.
- Schedule and assist in properly setting units and performing start-up procedures on location.
- Schedule and assist in the safe and proper disassembly and removal of unit from locations.
- Must be able to comprehend and retain new policies, procedures and methods/techniques used in the office and field, being flexible to work in a changing environment. Must show progress/advancement in their skill level and application of knowledge.
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines/standards.
- Employee may be responsible for approving reconciled petty cash statements.
- Employee is responsible for submitting and approving expense reports in a timely manner following company policy.
- Employees will be required to furnish basic hand tools required for typical use in the field (up to 1 ½” drive for tools listing measurements), confer with hiring manager on tools required. Specialty tools and those over 1 ½” may be supplied by the company.
- Submit parts covered under warranty, track/report parts sent for warranty and ensure core credits are received and returned when applicable.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed and incident reporting is initiated in a timely manner.
- Review submitted CM and CMT times for work performed and, when applicable, time billed to 3 rd parties to ensure proper time management and manpower is utilized.
- May be required to update 3 rd party tickets, when applicable, with current pricing on parts / services.
- Available for (but not limited to) consultation, meetings, conference calls (evenings/nights, weekends and holidays) based on business demands.
- Travel may be required for (but not limited to) meetings, training, seminars, etc – may be overnight, days, week, etc.
- Employee must be willing to work overtime as needed/required.
- Employees must be willing to take direction from supervisors and senior team members.
- Ensure GasSTAR information is compiled and accurately reported, delegating this role as needed.
- Operate vehicles in accordance with company policies and procedures in a safe and courteous manner. Current, valid drivers license is required to operate company vehicles. See policy for specific details.
- Employees must follow IT’s policies for Internet, Intranet and E-mail Usage along with Office Services procedures for proper usage of cell phones (calls received/sent and text-messages received/sent as applicable).
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Chesapeake’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
o Working knowledge of arithmetic and algebra. Basic knowledge of geometry and other mathematical applications.
o Employee must know how/where to access information.
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
o Possess leadership and communication skills in order to assist entry level-supervisors and mechanics reporting to them by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
o Ability to delegate job duties based on experience levels.
o Ability to assess and anticipate requirements. Prioritization, reasoning and time management skills required.
o Understand the basic operations of production equipment such as separators, dehydrators, etc.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT when needed by reading gas meters and instrumentation recording the amounts of gas received/delivered/consumed and report any operational, temperature and pressure changes in operating logs. Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT when needed by adjusting valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
o Experience in operating power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases or powdered materials. This includes adding these materials on the equipment and properly disposing of them.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT when needed by operating controls and turning valves to start compressor engines, pumps and auxiliary equipment.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT when needed by turning knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT with engine and compressor overhauls as needed.
o Must possess knowledge of taking, reporting and reviewing results of oil samples and oversee when necessary. Ability to complete necessary paperwork. Ensure all samples are submitted properly for laboratory analysis. Take appropriate action based on results.
o Ability to assist and/or train CM and CMT in performing proper preventative maintenance and repair, maintain and operate the equipment using hand tools and power tools in a safe manner.
o Operate cranes in a safe manner.
o Knowledge of troubleshooting, diagnostic testing (utilizing computer software as applicable), repairing/adjusting equipment as needed, conferring with co-workers and supervisors for advice and other techniques as learned in the classroom and field.
o Ability to use hand tools to clean, lubricate, adjust equipment, replace filters, gaskets and other items while identifying what kind of maintenance is needed.
o Ability teach others skills in an effective and cooperative environment focusing on teamwork and unity by utilizing the skills and information learned from on-the-job and classroom training by using techniques in appropriate situations.
o Advanced knowledge of pneumatic and electric starters, fuel systems, cooling systems, lubrication systems, ignition systems and other compression related anatomy.
o Advanced knowledge of electrical systems.
o Position requires responsible, dependable and trustworthily employees due to typical independent working conditions. Employees will be required to report time worked and be held accountable for their actions. Job requires being honest and ethical.
o Job requires maintaining composure, avoiding aggressive behavior (even in very difficult situations). Employees must exhibit cooperative skills by being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured attitude.
o Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
o Position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
o Ability to identify and respond to hazardous/unsafe working conditions and report to immediate supervisor.
o Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
o Ample welding knowledge. Must be able to understand the logistics of coded vessels and coolers.
o Some positions/duties may require the ability to identify and distinguish colors
o Related industry skills
o Experience with modern engines and compressors used in the natural gas industry.
o Mechanical experience.
Education & Work Experience required
o Ability to read and write English.
o High level understanding of wiring/piping schematics.
o 7 years equivalent work experience in related field.
o High School Diploma or GED.
o Vocational or Technical Educational Certification in related field.
o Bachelors Degree in related field
o Management experience in the oil/natural gas industry.
Chesapeake Energy - 2 years ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is the second-largest producer of natural gas, the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids and...