External Job Title:
District Manager (South NY/North NJ)
Area of Interest:
Full-time or Part-Time/Internship:
Full time 40 hours/wk
Pacsun District Managers
25% - 50%
Back in 1980, Tom Moore opened the doors to a small surf shop in Newport Beach, CA, called Pacific Sunwear. Ever since, Pacific Sunwear has been dedicated to embracing the energy and ambition of our youth, capturing the essence of the ever-evolving California culture, generation after generation.
Today, over 30 years later, we’re still calling Southern California our home, with our offices located in the sun-drenched heart of Orange County. To this day we’ve remained true to the surf culture that surrounds us while growing ourselves into a multi-dimensional brand with over 700 stores that cater to all aspects of the California lifestyle. Our unique in-store experience is unrivaled in the industry, creating an environment that encourages individual expression by offering the best selection of merchandise from the most recognizable brands in the business, both heritage and emerging.
Success in this role will entail the ability to work manage a significant amount of detail, ability to work well with and lead others, and ability to drive results that meet or exceed both financial and qualitative goals. The core responsibilities for this position (i.e. those things that will keep you busy every day) include: managing and mentoring your team; ensuring operation aspects of all stores meet or exceed the requirements; visual merchandising; driving sales; and inspiring others. We value analytical thinking in this role and will need someone who can recommend courses of action to be taken in order to reconcile actual to planned performance.
Those individuals who have been most successful in this role begin with our organization with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) is required
• Pro-active in every aspect of work (i.e. forward thinking, ability to anticipate, driven to get tasks accomplished)
• Retail Management experience is essential
• Ability to communicate ideas, issues, opportunities, etc.
• 5 years of customer service related experience in a managerial role
• Demonstrated success in assessing, selecting and developing store management teams
• Understanding of and experience overseeing the consistent execution of visual, merchandising, marketing and customer service strategies
• Experience developing, implementing and monitoring programs/processes that drive business improvements
• Knowledge of lawful employment practices
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with all levels
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent fashion merchandise presentation standards
• Proven leadership skills in training, coaching, developing, motivating, and selling
• Ability to read, interpret and set strategies based on various reports
• Ability to manage corporate directives and maintain excellent records
• Capable of maximizing business to achieve sales goals and reduce shrink and expenses
Other Required Skills/Abilities:
• Strong human relation skills and ability to work and support a team environment
• Ability to set, meet and assist others in achieving goals
• Willingness to use and gain knowledge of PacSun products and procedures
• College background or equivalent retail fashion management experience
• Ability to climb, reach, bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to communicate through oral interactions
Pacific Sunwear - 2 years ago
Pacific Sunwear of California (PacSun) knows that teens aspire to the "swag" of the board sports world. The company operates...