GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- Responsible for all GE Lighting traditional and LED fixture and controls sales in assigned territory.
- Meet or exceed annual sales plan across all GE Lighting indoor and outdoor fixture product lines
- Drive incremental fixtures revenue and OM growth through the agent network and through direct sales activities. Continuously monitor and improve fixture agent performance
- Provide accurate sales forecasts of fixture and controls opportunities and track through the CRM tool
- Conduct audits and perform basic fixture designs and layouts. Work with agents and GE Lighting sales operations personnel to develop customer proposals.
- Through agents or acting directly, make compelling sales presentations to customers including a clear statement of the ‘value proposition’. Assess energy savings, financial payback, design alternatives, utility rebates, etc., to shape and meet customer CTQs.
- Exceed fifty percent end user/sales agent “face time” metric
- Interface with GE Lighting Strategic Accounts teams, District Sales Teams, and District Managers to support sales of LED fixture and controls products.
- Capitalize on green building trends and seek creative ways to leverage GE Lighting and LED solutions to help end users improve system sustainability and achieve other potential goals such as LEED certification.
- Navigate internally through key support functions including Pricing, Product Management, Supply Chain, Technology, Specification Engineering and Customer Service.
- Maintain current knowledge of changing legislation and new technology advancements affecting fixture and controls sales potential
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience in lighting fixture and controls products.
- Experience managing agent sales networks in the lighting fixtures and controls market Demonstrated success selling fixtures and controls products through agents or directly.
- Ability to formulate and deliver strong sales presentations including compelling value proposition to meet customer requirements and close business.
- Experience developing and maintaining a robust pipeline of sales opportunities using CRM tool.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, industrial distribution or sales related discipline.
- Solid understanding/knowledge of the renovation and retrofit process value chain and experience using audit and layout tools, along with the understanding of ROI calculations.
- Understanding of the fixture and controls distribution model and experience working with lighting agents and distributor sales and support.
- Experience working through project development process (RFI, RFP & RFQ).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas.
- Strong technical aptitude and proven ability to sell a technical solution.
- Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting.
- Self-confident and creative thinker who can contribute to overall sales development strategy.
- Self-starter with ability to work with little direction and within a team environment where the performance of others affects success.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans with construction contractors, architect-engineering firms and end users including retail, commercial office, industrial facilities, universities, school districts and hospitals.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- LEED AP, LC, or energy management certification.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in lighting product application, lighting layouts, lighting software, project specifications and timelines, and blueprints.
Send to friend
Save to cart