Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The District Manager is a leader on the PetSmart Field team driving Sales, Services, and Customer Satisfaction within his/her district. This individual will have full accountability for 9-12 stores and have responsibility for financial results, including all key metrics, while working to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and applicable laws. The ideal candidate establishes strong relationships with business partners to deliver high quality service to all stakeholders and customers.
This leader will direct and oversee a team of 9-12 Store Managers, providing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the assigned district. The individual is responsible for the overall leadership and development of Store Managers within the district and is responsible for coaching and building an independent, committed, high performing team, dedicated to achieving results and driving company strategies: Delighting The Customer, Achieving Operating Excellence, and Growing Services (Salons/Grooming, PetsHotels and Doggie Day Camp, Training).
The District Manager will partner closely with the Field Leadership team and Regional Vice President; as the voice of his/her assigned district, this individual will need to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides strategic leadership, planning, and execution of solutions for current and future business needs.
• Builds strong partnerships with Regional Vice President and Field Leadership team; coaches Field associates in delivery of strategic initiatives.
• Utilizes data, trend analysis, statistical reports, and benchmarking to conduct root cause analysis of current state and identification of metric-driven solutions.
• Creates a best-in-class workforce through the development and coaching of all management teams.
• Provides leadership and assessment of associates' performance to ensure identification and development of high-potentials and bench strength. Champions efforts to build a Field Leadership talent pipeline.
• Holds profit & loss responsibility for the district while ensuring consistent policy and procedure compliance.
• Provides coaching, mentoring, and overall direction of accountabilities for store management teams in order to meet District, Region, and Company goals.
• Ensures the safety/security of company assets, customers, pets, and associates through regular store visits and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards.
• Ensures all stores are in compliance with all inventory management tools (WISE) to guarantee appropriate levels of in-stock are available to all customers.
• Effectively communicates business and financial objectives to management teams; audits store performance, collects data and communicates store results to PetSmart corporate office. Provides feedback to management on store results.
• Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community.
• Delegates effectively and empowers others to succeed; challenges others to reach their full potential and encourages them to retain ownership for their results.
• Remains effective in a changing environment and manages change. Adjusts team priorities to meet goals and commitments, ensures continued alignment across the business process, and responds effectively to constantly changing demands.
• Ensures all initiatives for the district are aligned with the company's vision, governing business strategies, and current business priorities. Develops strategic direction and establishes appropriate priorities for projects critical to success.
• Assesses organizational and operational effectiveness and recommends enhancements that will improve operating processes and performance.
• Acts as focal point for progress reporting on key initiatives and provides timely updates/presentations. Consistently provides the Regional Vice President with regular feedback on store performance.
• Serves as a visible presence and continuous influence for strategic change and operational excellence across the organization. Interacts up and down, as well as across, the organization to champion a consistent case for continuous improvement resulting in ongoing benefits for the company.
• Proactive Catalytic Approach - Forward thinking, make things happen business approach. Seeks out problems and opportunities for change. Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceed performance expectations. Possesses a high sense of responsibility, quality, ethics, and integrity.
• Synergistic Implementation Abilities - Able to think through problem solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate internal/external efficiencies. Able to build consensus among groups with diverse backgrounds and motivate cooperation in development and implementation of solutions.
• Business Impact - Influences others to achieve individual and team objectives. Possesses strong leadership attributes enabling effective direction, facilitation, communication and cooperation with all levels of associates.
• Cross-functional Approach - Maintains focus on horizontal business processes, not simply vertical business functions. Has a broad business perspective with sound business judgment.
• Independent View - Able to look at the business to identify strategy, process, and relationship opportunities. Challenges assumptions embedded in current processes and practices. Executes strategy and drives organizational alignment.
• Results Orientation - Ability to consistently achieve and deliver business outcomes and business value. Excellent decision making and project management skills; has a strong track record of success.
• Superior communication skills; ability to present to leadership, write a well thought-out recommendation, and communicate effectively with peers and subordinates.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external business partners at all levels.
• Proven success in team development; able to motivate others to excel and build a collaborative, partnering team.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively respond to inquiries or complaints from customer, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific, technical, and professional journals, moderately complex financial reports, and legal documents. Adept at translating strategic information into action.
• Practiced in working with mathematical concepts and providing data analysis that leads to solid action recommendations with measurable outcomes. Able to establish and achieve metrics-driven initiatives.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Ability to adapt to PetSmart specific applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four-year college or university is required. The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 7-10 years related and relevant, multi-store experience as a District Manager in a retail environment
• High level of professional, and interpersonal ability and flexibility, combined with solid problem-solving skills and a strategic business sense.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...