District Manager - Sales
Grow with us as a District Manager at Kellogg Company—where we believe in your success. Here you’ll shape the future of our relationships with some of the world’s most recognized and respected retailers. Reporting to a Senior Retail Manager you’ll inspire and develop a dedicated team of Sales Managers and Merchandisers, leading your district to be the best of the best. You’ll also supervise a team of field-based Territory Managers, Territory Service Representatives, and Part-time Merchandisers. Driven by a culture of collaboration, you’ll create market-leading strategies to deliver head-turning promotional programs the competition will wish they’d thought of. And together, we’ll lead our industry with food and brands that matter—|
making a difference to our consumer's lives.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a District Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Developing and implementing execution strategies within the district to achieve sales, market share, and market growth targets
- Achieving assigned period, quarterly and annual district volume goals by assigning RSR - DSDs' sales goals and tracking progress to ensure execution of all programs
- Innovate and grow the business while taking calculated risks and measuring individual performance against key objectives
- Recruiting training, coaching to develop staff within the district by assessing the team to ensure bench strength and meet Kellogg diversity goals
- Conducting formal coaching sessions on an ongoing basis that highlight developmental needs and recognizes individual performance
- Partnering with the Distribution Managers and Account Managers to improve delivery efficiencies, ensure merchandising integrity in accordance with Kellogg standards, and optimize customer service
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. We are looking for someone who can learn with us and to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following:
- BA/BS Degree OR high school diploma/GED plus significant related experience
- Experience in sales and/or sales operations
- Experience managing people
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Effective oral & written communication, track record of success
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations and no DUI convictions within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience selling in the consumer packaged goods and/or direct store delivery (DSD) environment
- Experience with sales forecasting
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Vehicle Reimbursement Program. Our flexible plan provides you vehicle choice, no personal use restriction, and is tax-free for employees driving over 5,000 business miles annually
- Daily travel within the district and occasional travel outside of district is required.
- Finally, this role requires the ability to work an extended schedule, which may include nights, weekends and early morning hours, and the possibility of overtime hours.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....