District Manager - Sales
Grow with us as a District Manager at Kellogg Company—where we believe in your success. Here you’ll shape the future of our relationships with some of the world’s most recognized and respected retailers. Reporting to a Senior Retail Manager you’ll inspire and develop a dedicated team of Retail Sales Representatives and Merchandisers, leading your district to be the best of the best. You’ll supervise a team of field-based Sales Representatives, Territory Service Representatives and Part-time Merchandisers. Driven by a culture of collaboration, you’ll create market-leading strategies to deliver head-turning promotional programs the competition will wish they’d thought of. And together, we’ll lead our industry with food and brands that matter—|
making a difference to our consumer's lives.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a District Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
- Developing and implementing execution strategies within district that will achieve sales, market share, and market growth targets
- Leading monthly district sales meetings to communicate promotion activity, new product introductions, display execution objectives, improved display selling techniques and sales aids and/or other training as required
- Effectively leverage customer, industry, and internal sales information to gain a competitive edge and meet/exceed customer expectations utilizing all applicable sales information. Apply industry and local/national marketplace trends to identify and develop sales opportunities
- Coaching district team to innovate and grow the business while taking calculated risks; measures individual performance against key objectives
- Conducts formal coaching sessions on an ongoing basis that highlight developmental needs and recognizes individual performance; check for store merchandising integrity and achievement of company standards
- Partnering with Distribution Manager in improving delivery efficiencies and optimizing customer service levels while minimizing costs of donated/damaged/destroyed products within district
- Partnering with Account Managers to present programs/objectives to team and follow up on key account execution performance
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. We are looking for someone who can learn with us and to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following:
- BA/BS Degree OR high school diploma/GED plus significant related experience
- Experience in sales and/or sales operations
- Experience managing people
- Proficiency in Microsoft office application
- Effective oral & written communication, track record of success
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience selling in the consumer packaged goods and/or direct store delivery (DSD) environment
- Experience with sales forecasting
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Vehicle Reimbursement Program. Our flexible plan provides you vehicle choice, no personal use restriction, and is tax-free for employees driving over 5,000 business miles annually
- Daily travel within the district and occasional travel outside of district is required. Finally, this role requires the ability to work an extended schedule, which may include nights, weekends and early morning hours, and the possibility of overtime hours
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....