The District Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the community(s), financially, aesthetically, and in resident satisfaction. The District Manager is also responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office and employees on their designated community(s). The District Manager reports directly to the Regional Property Manager. The District Manager's schedule may include working weekends, depending on the needs of the community and upon the directive of the Regional Property Manager. Whenever possible, District Managers should be scheduled for the typical work week of Monday through Friday. Qualifications of a District Manager The following list is a minimum pre-requisite to be considered for the position of District Manager:
Before any candidate is selected for the District Manager position, the candidate will complete a psychological personality evaluation to ascertain the strengths of the candidate in the following areas:
- Experience in on-site property management (leasing, bookkeeping, etc.)
- Proficiency in verbal/written communications
- Proficiency in math
- Must be computer literate
- College hours preferred
- Professional image required
- Flexibility in work days/hours
- Flexibility in work location
In addition, an interview will be conducted to assess the following characteristics:
- High energy level
- Assertiveness, good people skills
- Flexibility, multi-faceted
- Organization, attention to details
- Dependability, follow-through on projects
- Common sense/practical thinking
District Manager- Accountabilities
- Appropriate level of experience
- Self confidence, initiative
- Ability to review, understand and report financial information
- Fairness and ability to interface with others
- Career mindedness/self motivation
Note: The responsibilities and requirements of this position may vary with different regions and/or communities, due to owner/client requirements.
- Manage, train, counsel and motivate staff.
- Maximize the financial performance of the property. Operate the community within budget.
- Ensure the community is aesthetically attractive.
- Develop and maintain positive resident relationships.
- Initiate resident programs and functions.
- Communicate with your RPM and/or Military representatives in a clear and timely manner.
- Operate the community within the guidelines set for collections, turnover, and resident relations.
- Ensure the proper leasing, management, and accounting paperwork is completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure client satisfaction for our Military Owners.
Lincoln Property Company - 18 months ago
Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest diversified real estate firms in the US, with development and investment properties in more...