Ameritox is the nation's leader in Pain Medication Monitoring Solutions®, offering specialized laboratory testing and reporting services. Ameritox's expertise and innovative science provide physicians with insights and support to enhance and optimize the care of chronic pain patients. Ameritox offers the most thorough pain medication monitoring lab process – Rx Guardian(SM) – with Rx Guardian CD(SM ), the only pain medication monitoring process with a proprietary normalization algorithm and a reference database of pain patients clinically assessed for adherence. Patient results are compared against this database, helping physicians assess whether patients are taking their pain medications correctly. Monitoring through prescription drug testing helps physicians make more informed clinical decisions and manage the risks and complexities associated with prescribing pain medications. Ameritox is headquartered in Baltimore, Md. with laboratory facilities in Midland, Texas and Greensboro, N.C. Ameritox can be found online at www.ameritox.com , on Twitter @Ameritox , on Facebook at facebook.com/ameritox , and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/ameritox .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Adhere to company policies, including attendance and punctuality. Other duties may be assigned.
The District Sales Consultant is responsible for serving on an interim basis when the assigned Sales Consultant is unavailable or not yet hired. The District Sales Consultant is expected to develop, close and implement new business as well as retain and grow existing customers across territory.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Achieve territory volume objectives by signing new physicians through new business prospecting, networking and other lead generation tools;
- Manage territory through relationship management and active pipeline management;
- Responsible for the account management and growth of existing accounts through active engagement with existing customers – increasing sales volume and retention through greater adoption and utilization of Ameritox services; developing new business and growth within all accounts;
- Accurately forecast weekly and daily updates of sales and customers’ information utilizing Salesforce.com;
- Resolve issues and build commitment from physicians and their staff to monitor patients on an on-going basis;
- Create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships; build relationships with key decision makers; provide quality customer service to client.
- Develop, deliver and communicate an effective sales presentation;
- Fully integrate the Ameritox value add service offering; develop and implement best practices;
- Prepare and present protocol and other service offering agreements or additional services based on customer needs; research, analyze, and recommend new marketing opportunities;
- On Board new business including scheduling and performing implementations at clinics in a timely fashion;
- Interview, train and manage of Specimen Processors at physicians’ practices;
- Achieve territory goals set by District Sales Manager;
- Communicate Ameritox service offerings and capabilities at applicable industry conferences and seminars;
- Arrange and host peer-to-peer programs, which provide physicians with a forum to learn about Ameritox services;
- Submit expense reports, to the District Manager per the Travel and Expense Policy;
- Adhere to company policies, including attendance and punctuality;
- Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files, personal AND proprietary information);
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- 5 years of full life cycle sales experience, previous medical sales experience preferred
- Experience in pain management field is a plus
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication, cold calling skills, and consultative selling skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide a network of relevant contacts;
- Ability to reflect positive attitude and disciplined work ethic;
- Understanding of insurance and reimbursement issues desirable;
- Sense of urgency in developing business;
- Ability to understand and present clinical material.
- Ability to manage for aggressive growth with a strong sense of urgency;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers;
- Demonstrated strength with sales closings;
- Knowledge of strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting;
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office applications, CRM tools);
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car and insurance;
- Willingness to travel 100% and have the ability to temporarily work in remote areas.